What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If I have enough time to play this weekend, then I plan to bear MGRR on Very Hard mode and then move onto completing the VR missions and the Blade Wolf DLC before tackling the game on Revengeance difficulty.

Spark Of Spirit

Any opinions on Guacamelee? They just announced a Super Turbo Championship Edition for about every system out there but I have somehow managed to miss hearing about it.

The basic gameplay looks like a Metroidvania beat em up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Has anyone played the new Strider game yet? Is it worth downloading? I tried the demo and liked it, but it was also pretty short, so it may not be enough to go off of, though the game has gotten some pretty good reception, it seems.

Rynnec

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 06, 2014, 05:38:23 PM
Has anyone played the new Strider game yet? Is it worth downloading? I tried the demo and liked it, but it was also pretty short, so it may not be enough to go off of, though the game has gotten some pretty good reception, it seems.

Seconding this because the Strider demo also gave me a really good feeling about the game.

gunswordfist

Didn't even know about this game's existence. Will be checking out the demo.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
It's been about a week since I last played and I think I left off on getting on a ship with Captain Keyes flying everyone out (I want to say the 4th mission or something like that). One thing I didn't know until I played Reach was that the needle gun could be so effective against the hunters. I always thought that needle gun was weak, but next to the shotgun it's one of my favorite guns in the series.

SSF4: AE2012
Back at this game and still stuck in my character crisis. Ryu, Ken, Evil Ryu, Yun and Yang are who I'm debating between at the moment. My goodness, I've had this game for at least 2 years and I still haven't been able to settle with 1 character to really learn how to play the game with. I got the general basics of the game and some simple bread and butter combos, but that's about as far as I get and then I flop to another character, especially when it comes to watching tournaments of Japanese players playing characters who I like at a high level making them look so fun to the point where I want to learn that same character. I know the solution, but it's gonna be hard since when I'm on the computer I'm always watching videos leaving myself with little to no time to try it out in training mode. Anyway I may settle on Ryu and Yun for the time being.

GGXXAC+R
The update finally hit PS3 and I finally got my copy. Tinkering between Sol, Order Sol, and Johnny.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Always playing this game these days. Ken and Dudley all the way. May eventually add Yun, Yang and Makoto to the mix too.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Grave on March 07, 2014, 09:52:04 PM
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
It's been about a week since I last played and I think I left off on getting on a ship with Captain Keyes flying everyone out (I want to say the 4th mission or something like that). One thing I didn't know until I played Reach was that the needle gun could be so effective against the hunters. I always thought that needle gun was weak, but next to the shotgun it's one of my favorite guns in the series.

Well, part of that may be because the Needler is severely nerfed in every Halo game past the 2nd one (since it was too OP in multiplayer), and because the Hunters are ridiculously OP in Reach. I really miss how you could basically just one-shot them with the pistol in Combat Evolved. That was always so much fun to do.

gunswordfist

Yep, the pistol was great in Halo 1. Probably my second favorite pistol (1st place goes to ol' Duke.)

Foggle

gunswordfist

Hmm, I see that y'all are still at it but then again pre-2000 something games do take longer than 3 hours to beat. :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I've officially concluded that my XBOX360 hates DLC. When I tried to download the Halo 4 multiplayer last year, it didn't work. When I downloaded the Blade Wolf DLC last night, it got stuck on a loading screen, and the same problem happened again after deleting it and re-downloading it. And finally today when I tested it on the DmC Bloody Palace mode DLC, it ended up crashing my game whenever I try to start it, and sending me back to the title screen.

Aside from occasionally getting lucky, like with the Jetstream Sam DLC working fine, this problem seems to be pretty frequent. Mind you that this hasn't extended to affecting. Any of my XBLA games, but anything that's classified as an add-on other than costumes or weapons seems to have this problem of just flat-out not working for me.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 08, 2014, 01:23:07 PM
Hmm, I see that y'all are still at it but then again pre-2000 something games do take longer than 3 hours to beat. :>
:lol:

Stopping the stream for a bit. I only slept 90 minutes last night so I was getting really cranky. It'll be back on in about an hour.

Foggle

gunswordfist

Foggle

I can't do anymore. I'm so tired... time to pass out.