Happy Ouweleen

Started by Peanutbutter, March 06, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 16, 2014, 09:30:19 PM
Wow, that's surprising a little that it's a young woman. She worked for them before on their home video department, so hopefully that means she'll know exactly what's up with their current lineup. Not sure if this means more CN shows with female leads, but the possibility of it might be increased. I'm interested in seeing what will be different when she settles in.
Where's the Star brothers?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Skeeter Valentine

Hopefully gone and never, ever coming back.

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 16, 2014, 10:18:30 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 16, 2014, 09:30:19 PM
Wow, that's surprising a little that it's a young woman. She worked for them before on their home video department, so hopefully that means she'll know exactly what's up with their current lineup. Not sure if this means more CN shows with female leads, but the possibility of it might be increased. I'm interested in seeing what will be different when she settles in.
Where's the Star brothers?

On Toon Zone. Weird that they've been around there more than here the last two weeks, but whatever.

Skeeter Valentine

Jave is gone for the most part, so they probably no longer feel they have to fear getting banned....again.

gunswordfist

Just two weeks? I guess we simply just don't frequent the same threads.

RacattackForce

Christina Miller, eh? Considering that she was the gal who helped push Ben 10 into the marketing juggernaut that it has managed to remain in the past nine years, I'll have to assume that her being in charge means finding more creative ways to leverage CN properties both old and new...which was basically what Snyder was doing for the past two years.

Peanutbutter

If she's the reason Ben 10 became a juggernaut, then I really hope that means she'll do whatever it takes to make sure any future action or comedy shows get full toy deals. And with good toy companies, since Bandai utterly sucks.

Peanutbutter

Well it's 2015, which means sooner or later we'll find out what Christina Miller's plans are for Cartoon Network. Likely around the Upfront conference later this year it should be more clear what she has in mind.

Daikun

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Been a while since there's been major CN news, but I'd think this would count. Sam Register has taken over as head of Cartoon Network Studios. Rob Sorcher is switching over to production. I have no idea if this good news or bad news. Register has looked over both shows that were successes for the network and ones that burned out.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sam-register-president-warner-bros-animation-cartoon-network-studios-rob-sorcher-1234752292/

Peanutbutter

Kind of odd that it's been a year since Christina Miller left, and yet Cartoon Network is still running under the same aesthetic. I guess part of that may be because of Covid, but I don't think I even know who the new CEO is????

Avaitor

Normally it takes a year or so for a regime change to be felt on a channel, but it does seem like CN has been on autopilot for a while, hasn't it? The fact that they keep reairing Gumball and won't even greenlight the movie to finish it just astonishes me. It's like the show is still in limbo.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/