Wabbit- A Looney Tunes Production / New Looney Tunes

Started by Avaitor, March 10, 2014, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I was thinking, "Hey! Bugs' Wabbit design looks much much better here!"...and then they showed Yosemite's pot belly ass...Did they really take away his revolvers? Ugh, I was worried when he started doing all of that pointing.

Anyway, all in all it seems like it'll be pretty good slapstick.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Even though it's meant to premiere on Boomerang, CN will be airing a special preview all next week (EDIT: and the week after) at 5PM!

LumRanmaYasha

They're going to air the same episode each day for two weeks? Or are they airing different episodes on each of those days? Either way, at least CN is promoting it, even if they aren't going to regularly air it themselves.

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 19, 2015, 02:35:05 AMThey're going to air the same episode each day for two weeks? Or are they airing different episodes on each of those days? Either way, at least CN is promoting it, even if they aren't going to regularly air it themselves.

Different episodes each day.

Avaitor

I forgot to mention this, but I watched the first two episodes a few days ago. The site I was watching it on had another link for the second ep in place of the third, so I stopped there, and haven't been back since.

But I like it so far. I do wish that Sam and Coyote had better designs, and I can take or leave the sasquatch, but this feels like a modern return to Bugs Bunny's roots in a clever and tasteful manner, which is what I was hoping for. I'm excited to see more of it soon!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

So, I guess Boomerang recently caught up with CN's premieres and has been airing new episodes. Oops.

Lord Il

Recently watched the first few episodes and have to admit that Wabbit made me do a 180 in a positive way. But..!

Quote from: Avaitor on October 03, 2015, 12:37:34 AMBut I like it so far. I do wish that Sam and Coyote had better designs, and I can take or leave the sasquatch, but this feels like a modern return to Bugs Bunny's roots in a clever and tasteful manner, which is what I was hoping for. I'm excited to see more of it soon!
My thoughts exactly. It's pretty damn perplexing as to why they felt the need to mess with the character designs as they have. Makes me REALLY wonder what Friz Freleng and Chuck Jones would've thought about this. Strangely enough, however, the design for Bugs doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Avaitor

Season 1, volume 1 release is coming soon.

Cool. I still haven't watched past the first couple of episodes, but I enjoyed what I've seen enough to consider getting it for like $10. As long as it stays fresh, at least.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Boomerang UK has revealed Porky Pig.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

I'm sure some people are unhappy, but I like it! He looks kinda old-school here.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I finally saw some of it.

I dunno, maybe I'm being generous because I really didn't like TLTS, but I really enjoyed what I saw. It actually felt like watching Looney Tunes only with its own distinct flavor.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I've actually warmed up to TLTS a little, but I do think that I've enjoyed what I've seen of this more. It's closer to the originals, but there's still enough of a modern flare to it to make the show feel fresh and worthy to stand on its own.

I should really consider that set when it hits, if it hasn't already.

New blog!

Daikun