Wabbit- A Looney Tunes Production / New Looney Tunes

Started by Avaitor, March 10, 2014, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Instead of sleeping on the Looney Tunes franchise after TLTS wrapped up production, Warner is working on a new series for Bugs Bunny.

According to the Cartoon Network upfront, this will be what to expect

QuoteWabbit - A Looney Tunes Production: The hilarious, heroic and mischievous Bugs Bunny you love is back! From Warner Bros. Animation, Bugs stars in an all-new series consisting of comedic shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against (and getting the best of) classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Along the way, Bugs will encounter brand-new foes?and he?ll have some help from new friends like Bigfoot and Squeaks the squirrel.

As someone who found the last Looney Tunes show to be enjoyable, but not without its faults, this sounds like more of a return to form for the character, yet the addition of new characters has me skeptical. It's too soon to say much else, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I'm surprised at how fast WB decided to make another show around a Looney Tunes character after the Looney Tunes Show ended. I figured that going to the traditional route for this would make people happier than the sitcom style of TLTS.

Avaitor

It seems like a combination of influence from the recent Mickey shorts and the upcoming Tom & Jerry series, which is a logical call.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I have interest instead of indifference.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Nice to see another LT project in the works, and one that'll attempt to bring the characters back to their roots like the new Mickey Mouse shorts (anyone else been watching those? They've been getting better and better, imo). The new characters are curious to me, but hopefully they'll turn out alright. I hope we learn more about it, soon.

hobbyfan

I am so digging. I too can't believe they'd green-light a new show so fast for Bugs, but I guess it's fan-service to make up for all the neglect of the classic shorts.....

Commode

I like the art on the poster at least.

Unlike that Scooby Doo art, which looks like Cow and Chicken and The Fairly Oddparents had a retarded love baby together.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Quote from: Comeau on March 11, 2014, 04:43:52 PM
I like the art on the poster at least.

Unlike that Scooby Doo art, which looks like Cow and Chicken and The Fairly Oddparents had a retarded love baby together.
Seconded.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Comeau on March 11, 2014, 04:43:52 PMI like the art on the poster at least.

...What poster?

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

...Did they give Scoob a lobotomy? :whuh:

The Bugs poster... Not sure what to think yet. The design looks promising, but I'll reserve judgment till we can see the rest of him.

Spark Of Spirit

First picture is nice.

That second one is just wrong. It's like pseudo-Butch Hartman fan art.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

I've seen someone compare Scoob to the dog from Johnny Test, and I think that's spot-on.

New blog!

Lord Il

Quote from: Avaitor on March 12, 2014, 10:32:47 AM
I've seen someone compare Scoob to the dog from Johnny Test, and I think that's spot-on.
You made me curious. I Googled a Dukey image to put them side by side..

As for this latest Looney Tunes creation, I'm definitely interested in seeing what they come up with. Seems to be a step in the right direction when compared to that Looney Tunes Show sitcom. Just have to hope they don't fart around with the character designs too much. Us old schoolers don't like our childhood toons messed with..

(dear god... Scooby, what did they do to you!!?) :cry: