Wabbit- A Looney Tunes Production / New Looney Tunes

Started by Avaitor, March 10, 2014, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

I didn't think there could be worse Scooby designs than Get A Clue!'s...but, wow, they've outdone themselves. Hopefully the show is better than that design suggests.

Daikun

Comic-Con Magazine (this issue in particular) had an article with details on Wabbit.

Quote-The series is set to debut sometime in 2015.
-A redesigned Squeaks the Squirrel appeared in the issue
-Bugs will be going up against Barbarians, Ninjas, and Terminators
-Taz will be featured, but he will now be known as Theadore Tasmanian. He will work in the accounting department and is repressing his true wild and crazy self
-Wile E. Coyote is going to be an annoying, know-it-all neighbor
-4 shorts per episode
-Erik Kuska will be producing the show (he was an animator on Looney Tunes: Back in Action)
-The show is staying away from cliches (aka no anvils)

LumRanmaYasha

I don't like what they're trying with Taz, but Wile E. as an annoying neighbor could work.

I fail to see what is wrong with anvils, though.  >:(

Spark Of Spirit

Quote-The show is staying away from cliches
Then it would have to be nothing like The Looney Tunes Show, either.

What's wrong with wanting the show to be in the vein of slapstick humor? It's not like we're overloaded with it nowadays.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Some of these ideas sound pretty weird, but they might work. I think?

I don't want to become one of those pessimistic Looney Tunes fans who hates every new attempt at the characters, but I'm not sure if I want to see Bug Bunny tackle ninjas yet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

hobbyfan

Ya gotta keep up with the times. Bugs has never fought ninjas, so this will be different. Sucks, though, that we have to wait until 2015.......

RacattackForce

No more anvils? 0/10. Will not watch...then again, I was skeptical of The Looney Tunes Show as well, and that show's second season ended up featuring hilarious episodes that gave me the joy that the original shorts gave me. Albeit in their own Seinfeld-esque way.

Speedy

The whole "no falling anvils" thing got me to thinking:  What specific old school Looney Tunes shorts actually had falling anvils anyway?  I honestly can't think of very many; I mean, I know they used that kind of gag occasionally, but I don't think it was as common as some like to believe.  This seems like the kind of thing that, because A! and TTA were full of them, and those were inspired by classic animation, that people assumed that the classic shorts was big on them too.  Am I wrong?

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

We have a few voice actors announced: Carlos Alazraqui, Candi Milo, and Cedric Yarbrough.

Not sure what parts they'll be playing, though.

Lord Il

Quote from: Speedy on September 08, 2014, 04:32:05 PM
The whole "no falling anvils" thing got me to thinking:  What specific old school Looney Tunes shorts actually had falling anvils anyway?  I honestly can't think of very many; I mean, I know they used that kind of gag occasionally, but I don't think it was as common as some like to believe.  This seems like the kind of thing that, because A! and TTA were full of them, and those were inspired by classic animation, that people assumed that the classic shorts was big on them too.  Am I wrong?
Well.. not all anvils fell. ;D Here's a fun compilation video I found of some classic examples.
I know there's more examples but can't recall them at the moment.

Speedy

Hmm, there were more than I remember!  Still, you notice how in all those clips, anvils don't just randomly drop from the sky by some unknown force?  They were always dropped or used by a character.

Commode

I think the prevalence of the anvil in TTA and A! was because the shows were held to stricter standards, and they couldn't use the multitude of other slapstick objects that the original shorts did, like dynamite and gunfire and such.  Yes, there is instances of explosives used in both TTA and A!(Montana Max substitutes microphones for sticks of dynamite in the Christmas Special, Slappy rigs a xylophone with explosives, etc.), but given the PC nature of the time they had to cut back on them, whereas I don't think there was any gunfire in either show(if there was it was very minimal).  Sure, anvils are dangerous, but what kid has access to one, let alone would be able to pick one up and wallop their siblings/peers with it?

Remember too that as early as the mid to late 70s airings of the original shorts, particularly Roadrunner cartoons and the Hunting shorts, were being censored and cut up to remove or lessen moments of gunfire and explosives.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

Also it's notable that out of the 1000+ shorts in the original Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies library, only 26 shorts are represented in that video.  The description does say "near-complete", so it's likely there's a few instances missing, but in the grand scheme of things that's not very many examples.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

Turner released CN's 2015 upfront. This show--along with Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! and the new Inspector Gadget--aren't mentioned.

Boomerang, here we come!