Wabbit- A Looney Tunes Production / New Looney Tunes

Started by Avaitor, March 10, 2014, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

I can see airing Wabbit and Inspecter Gadget on Boomerang, but it seems really strange that they aren't giving the Scooby show to the basic cable network, considering how much CN has relied on the property in the past.  I figured it would've been a lucrative show for CN, in a time where there are still many people that don't get Boomerang(it still seems like a novelty honestly).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Silverstar

Yeah, the fact that Turner's putting Be Cool, Scooby-Doo on Boomerang instead of Cartoon Network either says that they're really trying to attract more viewers to Boomerang, or that they really don't have a lot of faith in Be Cool. Wabbit makes sense since its' a Looney Tunes property and Boomerang's been running The Looney Tunes Show there for a while now.

Also, I read from one comment on the CN Upfront page that Inspector Gadget will be airing everywhere except the US. Hope that's not true.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

Silverstar

Quote from: Daikun on February 22, 2015, 03:49:55 PM
Silverstar! :joy: Welcome back!

Thanks!   :D

I know I've been gone a looooooooooooooong time and I've got a ton of catching up to do, but now that I've got some extra time on my hands, I'll be sticking around for a bit.

Back to Wabbit: I'm trying to give WB the benefit of the doubt with this show since it sounds like they're trying to make up for TLTS by making this series closer to the shorts in look and feel. I'm not sure about the Taz thing, though; it sounds weird and limiting, but I'll hold off on judgment until I see it in action.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Foggle

I wondered where you went! Welcome back. :)

Goldstar

I don't know if Daffy will be in this new series, but if he is, I hope that he's portrayed as more of a lunatic with an out-of-control ego than just jealous of Bugs. Ideally, I'd like something along the lines of the Space Jam version of the Duck.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

I wonder if Warner is deciding to give Daffy a bit of a break after his time as a co-lead on The Looney Tunes Show, and only make him an occasional appearance to not take away Bugs' thunder. As much as I love Daffy, it makes sense, as this is meant to be Bugs' show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

According to an update by Tracy M. Lee on his website (the latest update was yesterday), Wabbit premieres on Boomerang in October.

Daikun

New promotional image. Now we can see Bugs in full.

Daikun

According to TV Guide (print version, so there's no link right now), both this show and BCSD premiere on Boomerang on October 5, back to back at 8PM.

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Avaitor

It's looking pretty fun. I hope that it doesn't disappoint.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Those character designs are going to be difficult to get used to. Not crazy about them. But I'm hoping the writing and directing can make this shine..

b-but.. Was that really Yosemite Sam?? :zonk: He's getting out of shape since they took his revolvers away in recent years.
:lol: