Anime Adaptations That You Want To See (And Will Probably Never Happen)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, March 12, 2014, 11:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

LumRanmaYasha

Princess Jellyfish season 2.

I want more. I need more. Please, Brain's Base. Make it.

LumRanmaYasha

Really? I heard Oriko Magica was awful both story and art-wise.

Lord Dalek

There is going to be a second season of Madoka. It will have nothing to do with the Mangas. Thank god for that.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And to add to my previous list:

REAL would make for an excellent anime. Granted that, since the releases are so slow and infrequent, this is probably unlikely to happen until the manga finishes, which probably won't be for a good long while, unfortunately. I was just thinking that with the relatively recent comeback surge in popularity of the sports genre in anime, this series could potentially gain a lot more recognition outside of Japan (especially since it would stand out as one of the few seinen sports series out there).

Rynnec

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 12, 2014, 01:11:55 PM
Really? I heard Oriko Magica was awful both story and art-wise.

Oriko Magica has the best character in the franchise.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 14, 2014, 11:29:19 AM
Superhero anime with good writing.

http://www.hulu.com/tiger-and-bunny  :humhumhum:

On that note, while I loved Rising, I really wish they'd just make a second season of the show rather than continue the story only through movies like they're planning.

Spark Of Spirit

I was talking more of western comic adaptions like the wretched Marvel anime. They could really make something good with those, but they're always awful. Get a good writer on that, for crying out loud.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

So that's what Tiger & Bunny looks like? The stupid ass name made me not look into it. I also thought Heroman was going to be linked. :D

Also, does Madhouse's Ironman suck? I've only seen the cool looking promo for it years ago.

Lord Dalek

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Top 10 anime I want to be made (that probably never will be):

1. Vinland Saga
Why? Because it is the best manga currently running that would benefit tremendously with animation.
How? Whether a short series that combines the first two long arcs into one or a longer series that adapts them fully, I don't care.

Of course, I've already listed this earlier in the thread, but I stand by my idea. The earlier stuff could benefit from the polish of how strong the manga became both in art and direction, and the latter stuff is pretty much excellent as a whole. There's very little about this that wouldn't be an obvious idea for an anime series. I still stand by every tme the new season shows are announced, hoping against hope that someone will touch this manga. Planetes was great, did well, and is well-liked. So why can't this one get the chance?

2. Rurouni Kenshin
Why? Because it's still popular and it still hasn't gotten a full adaption.
How? Whether a brand new show from episode 1 or an OVA of the Revenge arc, it doesn't matter. I can go with either.

I've been waiting for this since I first finished reading the manga. I enjoyed the anime adaption of Kyoto, but the manga version was still my preferred one. I don't know if a new anime could best the manga, but I sure would like them to try. Enough with the non-canon sequels and butchering of canon material. Give the fans what they've been waiting for since the anime went off the rails post-Kyoto.

3. Trigun Maximum OVA
Why? Because I want more Trigun.
How? I think an original OVA that takes place after the movie and utilizes unused Maximum concepts would make fans really happy.

I put some thought into this, and I think an OVA about Wolfwood defending his orphanage with Vash by his side and several manga only characters included (of course not 1::1 with the manga) involved would be a great idea. I mostly say this because it doesn't seem like Trigun will ever get another series. No one wants a sequel and a remake closer to the manga doesn't appear to be in the cards. This way it can be fully original, tie into the original anime, and satisfy manga fans all at the same time. Of course, the ending will be different, but if powerful enough could potentially enhance the second half of the anime series. Shame it'll never happen.

4. Shounan Junai Gumi
Why? Because despite GTO's popularity this has never gotten a full series despite being obvious.
How? Directed by Noryuki Abe who knows both delinquents (YYH) and Onizuka (GTO), this could be refreshing in the current anime climate.

I'm not the biggest reader of delinquent manga, most of the recent stuff is just poorly disguised sub-Yakuza stories in high school clothing. SJG is different. It's a coming of age story, a romance, a tale of friendship, and is quite the rush to read. An anime, especially done now, would probably be really fresh and different. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen.

5. Pluto
Why? Because it should have already been adapted.
How? I dunno, a 26 episode series should be able to do it. Why are you asking me such a question for?

Urasawa adaptions have so far confused me. Monster is basically a 1::1 adaption which is okay enough. But that's it. 20th Century Boys only got movie adaptions (good ones, true, but no anime is weird) and that's pretty much it unless you count Master Keaton. It's Naoki Urasawa paying tribute to Osamu Tezuka. That's two genius writers for the price of one. Why isn't this out there?

6. Full Metal Panic
Why? Because it has a lot of fans who have been waiting for years to give money to KyoAni.
How? Tear it away from KyoAni and start from chapter 1 if you must. Just stop letting it rot.

I admit I was roped into this by my fellow AR posters, though I have a friend who likes it too, but I don't even think I need to explain this. It's a popular and well-liked series that is currently not being made for silly reasons. I want to see more, you want to see more, what are KyoAni waiting for? Give it to someone else if need be, just continue it.

7. Slam Dunk
Why? Because it was never finished and it's still popular.
How? Whether a new series or an OVA covering the rest of the series, either will do.

I considered Vagabond or REAL, but from what I've seen of both I actually think they're much better in manga form than any animated adaption could give them. On the other hand, Slam Dunk's anime was pretty good and was well-liked despite never actually being finished. This is probably something that well never come to be as popular sports anime are frequently on the more zany side now, but I can still hope.

8. Outlaw Star
Why? BECAUSE I WAS PROMISED SEASON 2.
How? I don't know how. I just want. So give.

Unlike Cowboy Bebop or Trigun, there was still more story to tell with Outlaw Star that we've never gotten. We got a spin-off that nobody liked, but for some reason we've never seen a follow-up to this fun action romp. So, yes, I will continue my endless wait for season 2. It will certainly never come, but I will continue to wait.

9. Billy Bat
Why? Because it's Urasawa.
How? Hopefully after the manga finishes.

This is only on here because of Urasawa's strange history with adaptions. While normally this would be guaranteed to get an anime eventually, I'm no longer very certain. The reason this is so low is because this has a decent chance at adaption and because it's not done yet so it won't have one any time soon. Still, I have trepidations.

10. Psyren
Why? Because I want to see one.
How? An adaption that tightens the bolts is all I would like.

A pipe dream, but something I would like to see someday. Again, very unlikely, which is why it's here. I honestly think this could only be improved with a good anime adaption.

So that's my top ten. Nothing earth shattering, but also nothing that will probably happen any time soon. Nonetheless, that is what I would most like to see adapted. Hope you enjoyed it!

LumRanmaYasha

Great list! I would love to see all of those in anime form.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 17, 2015, 11:15:33 PM
3. Trigun Maximum OVA
Why? Because I want more Trigun.
How? I think an original OVA that takes place after the movie and utilizes unused Maximum concepts would make fans really happy.

I put some thought into this, and I think an OVA about Wolfwood defending his orphanage with Vash by his side and several manga only characters included (of course not 1::1 with the manga) involved would be a great idea. I mostly say this because it doesn't seem like Trigun will ever get another series. No one wants a sequel and a remake closer to the manga doesn't appear to be in the cards. This way it can be fully original, tie into the original anime, and satisfy manga fans all at the same time. Of course, the ending will be different, but if powerful enough could potentially enhance the second half of the anime series. Shame it'll never happen.

I personally would prefer to see a full tv anime adapting the entirety of Maximum, but this would satisfy me as well (especially since it would mean one of my all time favorite arcs and fights would get to be animated).

5. Pluto
Why? Because it should have already been adapted.
How? I dunno, a 26 episode series should be able to do it. Why are you asking me such a question for?

Urasawa adaptions have so far confused me. Monster is basically a 1::1 adaption which is okay enough. But that's it. 20th Century Boys only got movie adaptions (good ones, true, but no anime is weird) and that's pretty much it unless you count Master Keaton. It's Naoki Urasawa paying tribute to Osamu Tezuka. That's two genius writers for the price of one. Why isn't this out there?

Yawara has a 124 episode anime. Can't really ignore that.  :P

As for Pluto, Universal and Illumination got the film rights to it back in 2010. Like with what happened to Parasyte, it probably won't get an anime until after those rights expire or are forfeited.

10. Psyren
Why? Because I want to see one.
How? An adaption that tightens the bolts is all I would like.

A pipe dream, but something I would like to see someday. Again, very unlikely, which is why it's here. I honestly think this could only be improved with a good anime adaption.

An adaption that fixes it's problems towards it's end and fleshes it out might be interesting to see. It could work well as a three-cours anime. Maybe if Kagamigami somehow becomes an ultra hit or something someone will dig it up, someday.