Everything you think is right or wrong in the today's world of animation.

Started by gunswordfist, March 14, 2014, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I was surprised to hear that Hamill did Skips voice. 1. Because it's Hamill. 2. It doesn't sound like him..will until I just thought about it. I can hear a bit of Ozai in his voice.
Quote from: Daikun on March 15, 2014, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: Goldstar on March 15, 2014, 09:02:10 AMWrong:

Superman doesn't have an animated series, or a video game that doesn't suck.

Superman has translated VERY well into animation. Superman: The Animated Series is, in my opinion, the best interpretation of the character and franchise to date.

There are also the classic Fleischer shorts. Sure, the stories may seem uber-simplistic and their messages are outdated by today's standards, but the animation was ahead of its time and still holds up well today.
Yeah, that's still my favorite version of Supes as well.

Also, the quality of animation in the Fleischer shorts really is great.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Goldstar on March 15, 2014, 09:02:10 AM
Wrong:
-Superman doesn't have an animated series, or a video game that doesn't suck.
Sir, Superman 64 does not suck. That implies it's capable of basic gestures, which the gameplay clearly contradicts.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on March 15, 2014, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: Goldstar on March 15, 2014, 09:02:10 AMWrong:

Superman doesn't have an animated series, or a video game that doesn't suck.

Superman has translated VERY well into animation. Superman: The Animated Series is, in my opinion, the best interpretation of the character and franchise to date.

There are also the classic Fleischer shorts. Sure, the stories may seem uber-simplistic and their messages are outdated by today's standards, but the animation was ahead of its time and still holds up well today.
I think Goldstar is referring to how Supes' video games have sucked. Not so much his shows.

I'm pretty sure Goldstar is a S:TAS fan.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

I'm most definitely a fan of Superman: The Animated Series. When I typed that Supes doesn't have a TV show, I meant that there hasn't been a new Superman animated series made in the last 10 years. Yeah, there was Smallville, but that was live action, and Legion of Super Heroes was more of an ensemble piece.

The "sucks" part was referring to Superman's video games, not his TV shows, although I've heard that The Death and Return of Superman for the SNES and Superman Returns for XBox 360 were pretty good.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

I heard Returns was ass. But I did kind of like the demo. iono.

Spark Of Spirit

A new Mega Man cartoon = right.

QuoteDentsu Entertainment USA is partnering with Man of Action Entertainment to develop a 26-episode animated series based on Capcom's Mega Man video game franchise for the global market. Under the deal, Dentsu holds worldwide broadcast and licensing rights for the new TV series. It has a target airdate of 2017, coinciding with the franchise's 30th anniversary. Man of Action Entertainment will create, write and executive produce the series.
= wrong.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 02, 2015, 12:06:31 PM
Pray for at least Generator Rex levels of good?
I wouldn't mind this, but somehow I doubt it will be anything like that. None of MoA's shows since then have come close to the level of Rex, and I'm worried this will continue the downward trend.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That sucks.

I'm guessing there has never been a good Mega Man series.

Spark Of Spirit

I heard the Battle Network anime was alright. But for some reason, despite classic Mega Man's popularity in Japan, the main series only ever got the American cartoon.

But it's doubly annoying because the main Mega Man series would make a great anime. Not to mention sequel series like X, Zero, ZX, and Legends. The fact that it hasn't been done yet is kind of amazing.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 02, 2015, 12:21:59 PM
I'm guessing there has never been a good Mega Man series.

I've always liked the Mega Man Star Force anime, myself.

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

The American cartoon isn't too bad. Save for a few weird episodes.

Half of why MoA's output lately with Marvel has stunk is because of Jeph Loeb overseeing everything. MoA did fine with Generator Rex, so I'll wait until I hear how this Mega Man does.

Rynnec

The Battle Network anime is the only good Megaman cartoon out there, and even that faltered towards the end of its run when it had to downsize it's episodes. It also didn't help that the dub was pretty mediocre.