Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Sensui
Xanatos
Malcolm in Middle
Macbeth
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Um, why don't we just make this the final round? That's how we've done things when we only have 4 entries left in the other tournaments. It seems kind of redundant to do another match after this if these are the only picks left, since it's unlikely that the winner of this round won't also be the winner of the subsequent round.

Anyways...

Walter White
MacBeth
Xanatos
Sensui

Avaitor

MacBeth
Sensui
Heisenberg
Xanatos

Easily the toughest match to date!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Shinobu Sensui- Still the greatest villain in the entire battle shonen genre, and due to personal bias, my favorite, but he really does deserve the recognition of being one of the best. The whole irony and tragedy of his character is that he was too pure in his beliefs and ideals as a Spirit Detective that being confronted with how screwed up the world really was really skewed his perspective and caused him a severe mental breakdown. In the end, he's the antithesis to the typical shonen protagonist in that he is ultimately the villain of this series, despite previously having many of the qualities that you'd associate with a hero.

MacBeth- By far my favorite Shakespeare play and character, he is perhaps the single greatest representation in all of fiction of how desire and ambition can destroy a man.

Heisenberg- The best modern example of a man who's his own worst enemy. What makes the character so fascinating is that, despite being presented with multiple options for what he could do throughout the entire series, he almost always consistently chose the most self-destructive one. This is ultimately because of his strong sense of pride and not wanting to accept help from others, but in the end that's also what makes him so interesting to watch, because he must always deal with the consequences of his decisions.

Xanatos- He's only last by circumstance, here. Xanatos is cool-headed and conniving, but not without a sense of humanity. What makes him interesting is that, despite being ambitious in his goals and being completely apathetic in how he strives to achieve them, he is still a man of principle, and not above compromise, and does possess a level of compassion and value for the lives of others. While I consider him to be less "villainous" then the other three in this round in the traditional sense of the word,  he is no less interesting of a character.

Pharass

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 25, 2015, 03:02:24 PM
Um, why don't we just make this the final round? That's how we've done things when we only have 4 entries left in the other tournaments. It seems kind of redundant to do another match after this if these are the only picks left, since it's unlikely that the winner of this round won't also be the winner of the subsequent round.

Come to think of it, you're absolutely right. Consider this the final round everybody, I'll just edit my post.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's strange that Sensui won't show up (either the picture or even his name), but I'll test to see if I can edit it in to show up somehow.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

OK, I got it to work, but I had to use a different picture and place it in a different spot to get it to show up, for whatever reason.

Pharass

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 25, 2015, 03:40:18 PM
OK, I got it to work, but I had to use a different picture and place it in a different spot to get it to show up, for whatever reason.

Thank you, Dr.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Wait, this is the final round?

Edit: never mind. I used my reading.

Pharass

Well, my friends; I've counted and re-counted the votes and here are the results:

4th Place (10 pts)

Spoiler
David Xanatos
[close]

3rd Place (15 pts)

Spoiler
Walter White/Heisenberg
[close]

2nd Place (17 pts)

Spoiler
Shinobu Sensui
[close]

Winner (18 pts)

Spoiler
MacBeth
[close]

This concludes the Greatest Villain Tournament of 2014 (and 2015). Thank you all for participating, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and of course, I'll be seeing you around.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Spark Of Spirit

Hooray! That was fun.

Glad to see the winner was who it was. He's still my personal favorite villain ever.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Great results! All of these characters are among the very best villains in fiction, so any of them could have won and I'd have been satisfied. But the winner is one of the most enduring and influential villains in literature and pop culture, which makes him a solid #1 through and through.

Thanks for hosting, Pharass! I look forward to the next competition!  :thumbup:

gunswordfist

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...Sensui was so close.

Thanks for hosting another great tournament off of a suggestion from me, Pharass. I deeply appreciate it and I had a lot of fun during the competition. :) Good luck on your next project in this forum. :thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks for hosting, Pharass.

Out of literally hundreds of villains, I'm completely satisfied with who made the top four.

MacBeth completely deserves to be ranked as the worst of the worst, and I'm glad to see Sensui right behind him in the votes.