Favorite Disney Songs

Started by Avaitor, January 04, 2011, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Disney needs Brian Wilson to be their next song composer.

He can easily do it. I mean, there's no doubt he could handle it, right?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

This is the best quality I've seen the song or most any Disney song on YT. And it's not even on Blu yet.

I mean, wow. And I don't think anything needs to be said anymore about the song, does it?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

So I'm watching the World Series of Softball on ESPN2(don't ask, please*), and this is playing in the background.  Such a weird choice.

*Okay I'm waiting for the X-Games to start, get off me.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Here are my rankings for Disney's top 5 openers

1- "Circle of Life"
2- "The Bells of Notre Dame"
3- "Two Worlds"
4- "Great Spirit"
5- "The Gospel Truth"

If there's one major advantage to the Renaissance and beyond-era films, it's that they have considerably more memorable opening sequences.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Bored enough to make an unranked top 10-

This is Halloween
Jack's Lament
What's This?
Town Meeting Song
Jack's Obsession
Kidnap the Sand Claws
Making Christmas
Oogie Boogie Song
Sally's Song
Poor Jack

New blog!

Foggle

Are all of those from the same movie?

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on October 09, 2013, 08:47:59 PM
Are all of those from the same movie?
Oh, I did forget about "I Just Can't Wait to Be King". Been playing that one a lot lately, too.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I've made it clear that I'm not a fan of Nightmare Before Christmas. However, I like the music. Pretty catchy.

For my favorite Disney songs...

Circle of Life >>>>>>> Everything Else

For some reason, I just love that sequence so much. It's certainly my favorite part of the movie (and being considered the best part of The Lion King is a big deal). Just the animation, the lyrics, the composition as a whole. I might even call it my 2nd favorite sequence in any animated thing ever, beaten only by Fantasia's Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria.

Some other favorites, in no order, would be When You Wish Upon a Star (Pinocchio), Beauty and the Beast (guess what that song is from), The Bells of Notre Dame (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid), He Lives in You (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride), and so many more.

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 09, 2013, 08:56:07 PM
I've made it clear that I'm not a fan of Nightmare Before Christmas. However, I like the music. Pretty catchy.
you need to see it again.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on October 09, 2013, 08:56:43 PM

I just think that the story and characters, though all original, aren't very strong. :sweat:

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 09, 2013, 08:57:52 PM

I just think that the story and characters, though all original, aren't very strong. :sweat:
I can see that, but I find shades in all the characters for me to come back. But the film's high points are in its music and universe.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on October 09, 2013, 09:00:15 PM

I can see that, but I find shades in all the characters for me to come back. But the film's high points are in its music and universe.

That's fair. The universe is cool indeed, and like I said, I like the music. And those stop motion effects, man. The movie looks crazy good.

One thing I'd love to see is Disney World's Magic Kingdom in October, decorated with a Halloween Town theme. That would have to be a great thing to see and experience.

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 09, 2013, 09:05:28 PM

That's fair. The universe is cool indeed, and like I said, I like the music. And those stop motion effects, man. The movie looks crazy good.

One thing I'd love to see is Disney World's Magic Kingdom in October, decorated with a Halloween Town theme. That would have to be a great thing to see and experience.
That would be really cool! I would at least like to see the Christmastown redesign in the Haunted Mansion that Disneyland gets over at Magic Kingdom, but that's one thing Disney seems to want to keep in Anaheim.

New blog!

DarthGonzo

Quote from: Avaitor on October 09, 2013, 10:11:27 PM

That would be really cool! I would at least like to see the Christmastown redesign in the Haunted Mansion that Disneyland gets over at Magic Kingdom, but that's one thing Disney seems to want to keep in Anaheim.

It's not that they WANT to keep it in Anaheim, it's just that the locals who go to Disneyland don't mind having the Haunted Mansion shut down for a fraction of a year to configure it to the Holiday theme, and then to take everything down. WDW is visited by tourists who might only go once in their lifetime, and would be pissed if an iconic attraction was down, or changed in a significant way.

Avaitor

Quote from: DarthGonzo on October 12, 2013, 08:40:38 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on October 09, 2013, 10:11:27 PM

It's not that they WANT to keep it in Anaheim, it's just that the locals who go to Disneyland don't mind having the Haunted Mansion shut down for a fraction of a year to configure it to the Holiday theme, and then to take everything down. WDW is visited by tourists who might only go once in their lifetime, and would be pissed if an iconic attraction was down, or changed in a significant way.
You sure that's the case? I'm not familiar with the local citizens to tourist ratios for either parks, but I always thought that they were both around equal.

New blog!