Comics That You Think Other Members On This Board Should Read

Started by gunswordfist, March 29, 2014, 05:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Desensitized:
A Silent Voice- Both CX and myself seem to agree that this was the best manga of the year by far, and I know that you love good slice of life stories as well as redemption stories, and this is the perfect blend of both. The very best part is that almost every character is fully fleshed out and 3-Dumensional, and even the few who aren't are still far from stereotypically bad people. I'd recommend this series to everyone in general, but I feel that you would appreciate it more in particular. It's also a short read, at only 62 chapters (which I believe is about 7 or 8 volumes in total), so you could easily finish it in a day if you really wanted to.

Foggle:
Full Metal Panic! Sigma- It's a really accurate adaptation of the light novels covering volumes 4-12 (although, DVMC is skipped initially and then returned to as a flashback later on in the series), and pretty much the best alternative that we have to an actual anime (which we will never get), so you really should check it out since you're a fan of the series. In fact, I'm surprised that you haven't already read all of it, yet.

Spark Of Spirit

I've been paying attention to Cartoon X's and your posts on it, and it does seem good. I'll be sure to put it on my list.

Or should I wait for the anime?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

A Silent Voice is truly fantastic. I really would recommend it to anyone, because I really do think just about anyone could get something out of that story and those characters. I've said so many praises for it over the last few weeks and on those final chapters, and I really do think the series is just that good. It's also frankly the best manga I've ever had the pleasure to keep up with, even though I only did so for the last third of it.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 02, 2014, 08:09:16 PM
I've been paying attention to Cartoon X's and your posts on it, and it does seem good. I'll be sure to put it on my list.

Or should I wait for the anime?

Well, we don't know how the anime will turn out, or how long it will be (it might just be an OVA). I think you shouldn't bother to wait for it, and just check out the manga whenever you're feeling up to it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

REAL is still my personal favorite slice of life manga, but my one issue with it is that it takes forever for a new volume to come out, probably because Takehiko is more busy with Vagabond and other projects.

ASV is definitely one of the best Slice of Life manga that I've read as well, and one of the best shonen manga to boot. It'll probably be the best anime if next year if it's a good adaptation. That said, definitely read the manga. It's pretty short and well worth your time.

gunswordfist

Spark of Spirit: JSA Golden Society - I read this before watching most of Batman TBATB so this made me really appreciate the heroes in the show. Also, I like it more than any Justice League comic I've read, excluding Justice. It's really one of my favorite comic books.

Mark Waid's Daredevil: A controversial pick because many hate it because they think it's too lighthearted. idk, I love it. If this version of DD would fit perfectly in BTBATB.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody