Sailor Moon

Started by LumRanmaYasha, May 16, 2014, 06:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Viz announced on Anime Central today they have relicensed all of Sailor Moon. All five series, and yes, that includes Sailor Stars. And they have the movies too. And they got simulcast rights to Sailor Moon Crystal as well. 

Oh, and they are redubbing the whole thing as well, all uncut, with the original names intact, with new dub episodes to stream legally every week on Neon Alley. For now legal streaming of the uncut subbed series will start May 19th on Neon Alley and Hulu. And they are going to be releasing the series on blu-ray as well.

So...yeah, this is pretty big news.

Official announcement trailer.

Here's an interview on how Viz picked up the license, what the blu ray release will look like, etc.

Avaitor

That is big news, crazy big.

I need to try to remember to try the new series out when it starts.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Wow! Way to go, Viz! :thumbup:

When they acquired the European rights to the series last year, I figured a North American release wouldn't be too far off.

gunswordfist

I had no clue there was more than one series.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 16, 2014, 08:20:15 PMI had no clue there was more than one series.

It's divided into weirdly named seasons.

Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon R
Sailor Moon S
Sailor Moon SuperS
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (unreleased)
Sailor Moon Crystal (new series)

Eddy

I will be catching these when they hit Hulu each week. I love how in the trailer it shows Neptune and Uranus together when it says it's uncut.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on May 16, 2014, 10:18:59 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 16, 2014, 08:20:15 PMI had no clue there was more than one series.

It's divided into weirdly named seasons.

Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon R
Sailor Moon S
Sailor Moon SuperS
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (unreleased)
Sailor Moon Crystal (new series)
So like HnI and Naruto?

Lord Dalek

They didn't start using the Letter-system in this country until S.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

How are the Hulu releases going to work?

I honestly don't remember much of this series, it's lived on in my memory as "That show that came on before DBZ on both the WB and Toonami"

LumRanmaYasha

They are just going to be uploading the episodes, two at a time, each monday on Hulu. They will only be uploading the english-subbed episodes for now, but when they are ready, dub episodes will be added too.

Lord Il

Quote from: Eddy on May 16, 2014, 10:19:19 PMI love how in the trailer it shows Neptune and Uranus together when it says it's uncut.
Yeah, a lot has changed since this first aired for English audiences several years ago. SM was a huge victim of censorship in order to have something.. kiddie friendly at the time - A forced marketing strategy which many frowned upon.

I was never into SM a great deal but I'm still glad this is making a proper comeback.

Lord Dalek

http://nangbaby.com/post/86155385443/sailor-moon-boycott - I am completely speechless. No seriously... I am completely without speech.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I fucking hate 90s kids.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 18, 2014, 10:16:53 PM
http://nangbaby.com/post/86155385443/sailor-moon-boycott - I am completely speechless. No seriously... I am completely without speech.
I stopped reading a little after Sonja Belmont because I'd rather google that than read this.

Lord Il

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 19, 2014, 01:36:14 AM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 18, 2014, 10:16:53 PM
I stopped reading a little after Sonja Belmont because I'd rather google that than read this.
Probably a good thing. It becomes even more narrow-minded the more you poke around with their other links.