2000s Disney Channel

Started by FoxKidsLover16, June 03, 2018, 01:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxKidsLover16

Am I the only one who didn't watch 2000s Disney Channel as much as most other people did?

When it came to the channel, I did watch House of Mouse and the shows on Weekday Mornings and Early Afternoons. However, other than that, I only watched the channel ocassionally and even though I remember watching shows like Recess a lot, I remember watching them more on Toon Disney than Disney Channel.

For the most part (Aside from House of Mouse and times I would ocassionally watch the other shows on the channel), I mostly just watched the network for the Weekday Morning and Early Afternoon portion of the network. To me, when I think of Old School Disney Channel, I think of the following shows.

Bear in the Big Blue House
The Book of Pooh
Madeline
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Out of the Box
PB&J Otter
Rolie Polie Olie
Stanley

Dr. Insomniac

QuoteAm I the only one who didn't watch 2000s Disney Channel as much as most other people did?
No, not really. A lot of people disliked it for the influx of sitcoms at the expense of cartoons.

Avaitor

And most of the cartoons they had were pretty mediocre. I had little use for The Replacements or Emperor's New School, then or now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

The 2000s seemed to be a pretty forgettable decade for the Disney Channel. I was mostly watching CN during this decade, and only tuning into Nick once in a while.

Kim Possible and Phineas & Ferb were the big winners during that decade. I haven't watched House of Mouse, so I don't know how that turned out.

The rest of the channel was tainted by its attempts to be MTV Lite. They signed on a bunch of disposable child stars with music contracts and gave them terrible sitcoms and DCOMs. Add to that the decaying reign of Michael Eisner's awful ideas for the company as a whole and DC's sister channels being leagues better, and you have a channel that is mostly just gathering dust.