Big Hero 6

Started by The Shadow Gentleman, May 22, 2014, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Daikun

That was cute!

Like last year's animation test teaser, though, it's still not telling us much.

Nameless

The first trailer for Frozen was just Olaf and Sven being funny, that didn't tell us anything about the movie either.

I notice that the trailer had neither hide nor hair of Marvel's name or logo. Wonder why...

The Shadow Gentleman

Avaitor

Huh, I thought this thread had more posts.

But this is a pretty decent cast. It's weird to see that a Wayans brother is the most recognizable person in it, but it's a good thing that it isn't loaded with celebs. I especially like how a a Japanese guy for the main character, since there were fears that Disney wouldn't.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Daikun

This might be Disney's only outing for a Marvel property.

Maybe. The wording of this article is kind of vague. Okay, I get that they don't want to make crossovers with the live-action movies, and that makes tons of sense, but is anyone really expecting that?

Personally, I'd like to see Disney make more standalone Marvel movies. That would make for an interesting roster.

Avaitor

They'll probably just stick to the super obscure properties like BH6. And I don't even mean the ones with solid cult followings, like Moon Knight.

It is for the best, all things considered.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I can't wait until Dark Hawk is released.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

I went to Disneyland today and they screened a special sneak peek of the movie at their park.

This movie is totally worth it, guys!

Avaitor

I just came back from a showing with a group, and let me just say that if you're a fan of Disney and/or the MCU's films, I highly recommend it. This has the charm and heart of the former, with the joy and sheer adrenaline of the latter.

Disney is totally on a roll. And the characters are great across the board!

New blog!

Daxdiv

Did you stay in your seats until the credits finished? I did and I loved the surprise, was better than the gag they had at the end of Frozen's credits.

All in all, a pretty entertaining film. Wasabi is my favorite character. It does set up at least a sequel hook or at least some TV adaptation or whatever. Shame that it's popularity will probably still be disciplined by Frozen.

Lord Il

Saw it yesterday. God damn.... Just go see it! Great from the start to the finish.

And yeah, don't go anywhere without seeing the last bit after the credits.

Spark Of Spirit

Saw it, thought it was great.

Also, that short before the movie? Awesome.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Oh yeah, the film made it to $200 mill this weekend, and has officially outgrossed both Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph. And that's just domestically, since Disney is notoriously slow with releasing their films in other countries.

Anyway, this is definitely more of an Incredibles to Frozen's Finding Nemo than Pocahontas to Lion King.

New blog!