What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I read Scott Pilgrim V. 2 I believe two days ago. Tony Hawk references FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Hime

I'm currently reading Naruto, Bleach, Yandere Kanojo, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai : Minagoroshi, Matsuribayashi, Tsumihoroboshi and Meakashi and Doraemon.

gunswordfist

I read Scott Pilgrim Vol. 3 a week ago. I'm loving this comic so much

gunswordfist

I read DMZ volume 1 last night/early this morning. I didn't know it would have so much personality. I'm hooked.

gunswordfist

Today I got DMZ Book 2 and Planetary Book 1 and 2. I'm excited to continue reading DMZ and I know I'll love Planetary. The book has, "This was made for Anthony..." all over it. It feels good to get back to comic book reading. I also put three volumes of the latest Deadpool series on hold.

Dr. Insomniac

Finished with the last volume of Gotham Central. Aside from a random oneshot about Captain Marvel, it's a solid finish. Sucks that DC is seldom following up on any of these characters. Even Montoya hasn't been seeing much action since Rucka left.

gunswordfist

I read DMZ volume 2 a few days and Planetary Volume 1 and 2 over the last 3 days. DMZ continues to suck me in and Planetary is now another series I'm into. I got to say that a crackhead could have figured out who The Fourth Man was. Seriously, I figured it out before the issue they revealed it in.

gunswordfist

Over the last couple of weeks, I've read Deadpool volume 1-3. Volume 1 was okay but volume 2 and 3 had moments that made me laugh prett hard.

I've also read DMZ Volume 6. Seems like they are taking Matty out of his role. I doubt this'll last long.

gunswordfist

Over the last two days I've read DMZ Volume 7-9. Despite getting so many from the library, I'm ready through the ones I got. I was surprised that I was up to a volme that came out last year. What can I say? It's addictive. I'm putting more on hold now and will read Planetary Voume 3....and a much as I've been holding this of because I don't want reading this series to come to an end, Scott Pilgrim Volume 6.  :cry:

gunswordfist

This morning I finally got around to reading Scott Pilgrim V. 6. I've been holding it off because I didn't want to be done reading such a great series :'( but it's been a week since I finished the rest of my comic book stack so I gave it. I was surprised that the ending was satisfying, well at least imo. I also liked how long the "final boss battle" was.

Hime

I read A Channel and Freezing last night. Pretty good stories I'll say.

Angus

Heard Freezing was alright, although it did distract Dall-Young Lim from Unbalance x Unbalance.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

gunswordfist

Over the last week or two I have read:
Planetary Vol. 4 (Good ending to the series)
Punisher MAX Vol. 3: Mother Russia (Hell yeah, Punisher MAX is good again after that Irish Kitchen shit)
Punisher Welcome to the Bayou (Crazy comic)
Incognito (Cant stop laughing at how Zack talked about how stupid the lady he saved in the alley was)
Wolverine Origin (So sad)
Wolverine
Wolverine Weapon X

I'm reading Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol. 6 next (about time I got this and it sounds like its going to be great as hell!)
Then Punisher War Journal vol. 1 and for the 3 people that haven't noticed, I'm in a real mood for Punisher and Wolverine comics. About to put some more War Journal and MAX volumes on hold. And some more Deadpools.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finally came back to reading 20th Century Boys after taking a hiatus from the manga for nearly a year now. I'm currently on chapter 65, and the story is as good as ever, but I must admit that I tend to get a little tired of Urasawa's tendency to jump around from character perspective so frequently. To be more specific, I don't mind that he does it, as I still loved Monster despite him using that technique quite a bit, but in this story he seems to do it more frequently than ever, only giving one character a chapter or 2 of how their part of the story is unfolding before switching to another character's perspective, and he rotates/cycles through them until a new major plot-changing development comes underway. I think my problem, though, is that I get really interested in what I'm reading and then want to see that continue for just a little bit longer since I want to get more of a feel for what's going on (in terms of that particular character's situation), before he cycles back to another character, and then another one so soon after that. I think the main reason for why I have a problem with it, though, is because Urasawa tends to keep piling on more and more questions while only giving a few answers at a time, so the amount of questions that I need to keep track of grows a bit too much at times, and then when the answer to something is revealed I almost completely forgot that I was at one point curious about that to begin with.

Well, that probably doesn't make much sense to anyone, but that's just the way I feel about the manga, so far. That said, though, its still a damn interesting story and the fact that it actually takes me effort to pull myself away from reading it really shows how masterful Urasawa is at writing a captivating story.

Spark Of Spirit

The first arc of the manga has a lot of that because there's just too much going on. Eventually he slows down on it and lets the story breath, but the first part can be very overwhelming because of how much he tries to show you.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton