DC Direct To Video Animated Films

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, June 14, 2014, 06:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

How were Justice League Dark and Gods and Monsters? Both of those seemed kind of appealing, but I've been pretty behind on these movies.

I do agree with you on why Judas Contract wouldn't work as a standalone movie. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the reason that they put that off for so long? I know it was going to be one of the earlier films, but they dropped it for a while.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Gods and Monsters was better than I expected. I thought it would be Justice Lords Part Deux, but they actually do some interesting things in the movie.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Gods and Monsters was pretty "meh" for me. It had some interesting ideas, and I don't regret watching it, but it was also kind of forgettable on the whole if I'm to be perfectly honest. The thing that I remember the most about it is that the guy who played Dexter does the voice of this Universe's version of Batman....who happens to be a vampire.

I haven't seen Justice League Dark yet, so I can't comment on that one.

Dr. Insomniac

Batman and Harley Quinn was so awful that I implore everyone here to watch it. It's a kind of bad that you have to experience first hand. Like the one minute scene of Harley doing a crossword puzzle, then the 7 minute musical sequence, and this.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dr. Insomniac

Worst part is that there's nothing in the movie that contradicts the DCAU, so it's the closest we have to a continuation. And there are hints this takes place a few months after the flashback scene in Return of the Joker, which makes some of the character interactions particularly creepy. I want to reveal the worst part of the movie, but it's a spoiler that has to be seen to be believed. All I can say is that it involved Harley needing to go to the bathroom, and Batman told her no.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, are we talking worse than Batman and Batgirl bonking on a rooftop for absolutely no reason at all to make her implied rape by the Joker somehow seem less sexist according to bad writers?

Because if so, then.....:whuh:

Dr. Insomniac

Well, there is another moment where...
Spoiler
Harley's strongly implied to have had sex with Dick. And because he should be in a relationship with Barbara at this point, this would be the impetus for them breaking up and Bruce dating her as was stated in Beyond. So in a certain light, this would be interpreted as Timm trying to rationalize his first ship by making another one? And if this does take place in the DCAU, this means Dick fucked a woman who mentally and physically tortured his foster brother until he was a catatonic Joker clone...
[close]
And not to mention that most of the conflict in the movie happens because Poison Ivy and Floronic Man get high off of psychotropic yams.

Daxdiv

What am I even reading? Seriously, how this a movie?

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 15, 2017, 09:31:44 PMBatman and Harley Quinn was so awful that I implore everyone here to watch it. It's a kind of bad that you have to experience first hand.

Can we get more screencaps, please? :happytime:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daikun on August 16, 2017, 11:04:10 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 15, 2017, 09:31:44 PMBatman and Harley Quinn was so awful that I implore everyone here to watch it. It's a kind of bad that you have to experience first hand.

Can we get more screencaps, please? :happytime:
Have a clip.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

:wth:

The fact that it's in the classic DCAU animation style makes it even worse....

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dr. Insomniac

I miss when "Terry is actually Bruce's son because Amanda Waller transmogrified Mr. McGinnis' semen" was the stupidest thing in the DCAU.