How is Nick Doing?

Started by talonmalon333, June 23, 2014, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, since this is the correct thread, I'd just thought I'd mention it here.

If there is any proof Nickelodeon is inept when it comes to foresight, then this entire Sam & Cat debacle is proof of it.

You have a hit show, you're only real hit show, that audiences seem to respond to. What do you do? You deal out horribly balanced wages, increase the work schedule, increase episode counts to prevent workers from negotiating contracts, and dump on some of your most important, and loyal, staff and actors. You effectively get your most popular show canceled after one season because you have no sense.

Imagine if your favorite show was doing great in the ratings, fans liked it, and then it was canceled after one season. It's almost too ridiculous to imagine.

Yet, here we are.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I can't help but wonder if Ariana Grande would have signed for a second season, since her music career started to explode around the time the show started. She had no choice but to accept the doubling of the first season, since she was already on contract for it.

It's definitely a weird ordeal, and it sucks for most of the people involved. But hey, Ariana and Jeanette will rebound soon, and Schneider is bound to have another show in development, if not production, by the end of the year. The channel is going to be the one who suffers, since they're running out of hit shows. Hell, they're almost out as it is.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not bothered by the show itself ending, I wasn't a fan, I just find the situation so ridiculous. Nick needs a shake-up, because it really isn't looking too good for them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

But do you know what I just realized? Since 1994, Schneider has always had at least one show in production for Nick.

All That
Kenan & Kel
The Amanda Show
Drake & Josh
Zoey 101
iCarly
Victorious
Sam & Cat

The chronology fits. I think this will be the first time in 20 years that he won't have something new airing on Nick as of now. That is a crazy thought.

And yeah, I don't really have patience for his shows anymore. It only took the pilot of Sam & Cat for me to realize that it wasn't worth my time, since I need more than stupidity contests and the word hobo to make me laugh. Even All That, one of my childhood favorites, doesn't do as much for me now. But kids do obviously like his stuff, so doubt that he'll be out of a job for long.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Sam and Cat was okay, it was funny in some episodes but there were others that were boring. Regardless, I agree what Nick did with it is beyond stupid. And not to mention completely unfair to Jeanette McCurdy. I guess they paid Ariana Grande more because of her music career taking off. What happened with this show is only one of many reasons why whoever is running Nick should be fired. Sooner or later Viacom or Nick will have to realize how much they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Avaitor

One thing that still gets me is how all of the Nick shows were dropped from Netflix, since they felt that was the reason their ratings wee dropping. Removing SpongeBob and iCarly made sense, but it was kind of funny that the 90's shows, Drake & Josh, and Ned were also casualties.

Why, I'll never know.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

We still have iCarly and Avatar here. Oh, and season 4 and up of Spongebob.......................... for some reason.

Everything else is gone, though.

I have no idea what they think they're doing, but they aren't doing it very well.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 15, 2014, 05:28:58 PM
About Avatar, you're right. Air it weekday afternoons and pair it with TMNT. Then you might have a solid action block to advertise your new shows.

You'd think that, since Nick has both Power Rangers and TMNT, that they would pair them up more. But apparently that would make too much sense.

Peanutbutter

Here's another way in which Nickelodeon is screwed up, from none other than All That alumni himself Gabriel Iglesias:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owLoCNJodn8

Dr. Insomniac

Well, All That did get whiter as the seasons progressed.

Commode

I don't even remember Gabriel Iglasias on All That, must've been one of the last few seasons or something, at which point I wasn't watching anymore.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Three of the top execs for Nick's animation department have been let go.

According to Jerry Beck, some of the top execs for Nick, Jr. have been dropped as well.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Their positions might say a bit.

senior VP, current series
senior VP, animation development
VP, animation development

If their job titles mean anything, they've needed new people in those positions for a long time. Not to say I get happy when people get fired cuz I don't, but they need someone who will really try again.

Peanutbutter

Three people lost their jobs, but I don't think they'll have difficulty finding work.

I really hope their replacements will do something about Nick's lineup. Last I heard, the ratings were depleting for them across the board, even the Sponge himself hasn't drawn as much for them like before. Seriously, it's really only been SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents for at least fifteen years! They both may have gotten ratings to justify being put front and center for a while, but it's utterly ridiculous how long they were coasting on them. Now with Oddparents finally gone, they're in desperate need of a changeup. As far as I can tell, I don't think any of their tweencoms were doing that well either. I could be wrong at that front, though.