Popular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 24, 2014, 06:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I just realized that we don't have a thread for common opinions we actually agree with most people on. So here it is.

I'll start:

Greg Weisman has to stop ending his second seasons on cliffhangers.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Archer and Rick & Morty are the best cartoons currently in production.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Both Fullmetal Alchemist series are incredible
Batman TAS is a classic
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

-Dragon Ball Kai basically made DBZ watchable again to those of us who don't want to sit through a near 300-episode series

-Devil May Cry is a shitty anime adaptation of a great series

-Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the best classic shounen series

-Bleach has long since become an utter joke

-Haikyuu!! is the best a sports anime this year, so far

-Kill La Kill is one of the best anime of last year

-Attack on Titan has a kick-ass opening

-Battle Tendency is much better than Phantom Blood

-Dragon Ball is one of the best shounen anime ever, and arguably has some of the best use of filler in any anime series

-Trust and Betrayal is the best adaptation of any kind for Rurouni Kenshin

-Digimon Tamers is the best season of Digimon

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 24, 2014, 08:10:53 PMBoth Fullmetal Alchemist series are incredible

Actually, a lot of people seemed to turn on the original series after Brotherhood came out. Now most people who initially loved the first series think it's crap because the more accurate adaptation of the manga came out. Needless to say, these people can't think for themselves, so all they can do to critique the first anime is say that it didn't follow the manga, which isn't even a critique.

gunswordfist

I've never seen that. Youtube is the only place I frequently see FMA fans and the first series seems to be still getting a lot of love.

Does YYH really get appreciation these days?

Spark Of Spirit

I think MLP:FiM deserves all the kudos it has gotten.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 24, 2014, 09:08:42 PM
Does YYH really get appreciation these days?
About anyone who remembers it or is a fan of anime seems to like it, so I'd say so.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Cowboy Bebop has one of the best anime soundtracks ever.
Ed, Edd, n Eddy is one of the best shows Cartoon Network ever had.
Joseph is best JoJo.
The first three seasons of Spongebob where actually pretty good.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

-Ultimate Spider-Man is fucking abysmal; it should never have replaced TSSM

-Avengers Assemble is boring; it should never have replaced AEMH

-Gargoyle's is still Greg Weisman's best show

-Regardless of what you though of Family Guy's first few seasons, the show has been utter trash for years, now

-Despite the fact that I still think South Park has held up mostly strong even with the recent seasons, I won't deny that seasons 4-9 were among its best years

-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker are easily the two best DC animated features, by far

-Even though I like more of the return episodes than I dislike, the first 4 seasons of Futurama were easily its strongest

-While I honestly like Korra Book 1, I found Book 2 to be a major letdown, and ATLA is a far better series on the whole

Spark Of Spirit

Reading older posts I said that Korra was better than Avatar during early season 1. That was before I re-watched Avatar and season 2 of Korra came out. My opinion on both shows has changed since then.

Now I do agree with the majority that Korra has been an overall letdown compared to Avatar.

gunswordfist

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on June 24, 2014, 09:11:39 PM
Cowboy Bebop has one of the best anime soundtracks ever.
Ed, Edd, n Eddy is one of the best shows Cartoon Network ever had.
Joseph is best JoJo.
The first three seasons of Spongebob where actually pretty good.
There's more than one Jojo...you know what, I don't want to know. I honestly still don't even know what the show is about. (Don't tell me) I'll probably check it out sooner than later.

I agree with the rest.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 24, 2014, 09:24:29 PM
Reading older posts I said that Korra was better than Avatar during early season 1. That was before I re-watched Avatar and season 2 of Korra came out. My opinion on both shows has changed since then.

Now I do agree with the majority that Korra has been an overall letdown compared to Avatar.
I thought Korra was clearly better than ATLA because I was in love with the show's pacing and how they get to the action. Then the last episode happened. Then I rewatched it and saw that Korra had no development. I'm not sure how to compare season 1 of ATLA to Korra's though. I flip flop on that and need to rewatch ATLA.

talonmalon333

Batman is one of the best western animated shows, and Cowboy Bebop is one of the best Japanese animated shows.

LumRanmaYasha

Hmm, y'all are listing a lot of opinions about anime. There's already a popular opinions thread for that.  :D

- Adventure Time and Regular Show are the best shows on CN right now, and two of it's best originals in general.
- Nickelodeon's current animated output is mediocre.
- American Dad is the best "Seth McFarlence show."
- Rick and Morty is one of the best animated series currently running and the best [adult swim] original currently running as well.
- Disney's treatment of Gravity Falls leaves a lot to be desired.
- The Legend of Korra is a disappointment compared to Avatar.
- Young Justice is good and should've gotten a third season.
- Green Lantern: The Animated Series is good and should've gotten a second season.
- The first three seasons of Spongebob are among the best episodes of any Nicktoon.
- The Boondocks' fourth season was disappointing and a poor sendoff to the series as a whole.
- Post-season 10 Simpsons episodes are mostly mediocre and the show is a shell of it's former self.
- Family Guy's first five seasons were great, but the show is truly awful now.
- Tron: Uprising and Motorcity deserved better treatment from Disney Channel/XD and should've gotten more episodes.

Spark Of Spirit

talonmalon333

SpongeBob is the best Nicktoon.

Rugrats is the second best Nicktoon.

gunswordfist

Holy shit, I thought GL has 52 episodes.  :zonk: I thought when I told that there was two seasons, that they meant two 26 episode season. Or that Netflix only picked up season 1 so there was another season. I forget which. Either way, that makes me sad. It looks like the show won't be moving much on my superheroes list now.