Go Go Gadget Remake!

Started by Daikun, June 25, 2014, 10:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

So, uh...

According to this site, a rebooted Inspector Gadget series will be airing soon on Cartoon Network and Teletoon.

QuoteDHX is scouring its own library, looking for other titles that could merit a remake. New Teletubbies episodes will stick closely to the original feel, but another of its ongoing reclamation projects involves a substantial refresh of the popular 1980s cartoon Inspector Gadget, which will air on Teletoon in Canada and the Cartoon Network in the U.S. Other titles could soon get their own facelifts as well.

LumRanmaYasha

I think it could turn out well. The original cartoon wasn't great, but the Gadget-formula could be modernized to make an amusing slapstick series.

Avaitor

They've tried a couple of specials and little movies over the past few years, including at least one or two before Don Adams died, so it's only about time for them to try a full Gadget revival show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nameless

DHX is a Canadian outfit; by default, I have little confidence in Canadian animated product.

Also, the fact that Don Adams is long dead leaves a bad taste in my mouth relating to any Gadget revival. (Yes, I know that Bugs Bunny has outlived Mel Blanc and that Scooby-Doo has outlived Don Messick, but they're bigger parts of the pop-cultural landscape. That's different than some Canadian children's entertainment company with delusions of grandeur dusting off recently-acquired, long-dormant IPs. And I realize the irony of someone with an MLP:FIM avatar badmouthing DHX Media.)

Spark Of Spirit

A good Gadget show should be so easy to do, but you just know it won't be very good.

Quote from: Nameless on June 25, 2014, 11:17:03 PMDHX is a Canadian outfit; by default, I have little confidence in Canadian animated product.
As well you should.

The days of Beast Wars and Reboot is long over.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

I think the idea behind Gadget is actually pretty cool, so I'll have to check this out.

Peanutbutter

If this is true, I'm definitely in as I frickin' LOVE Inspector Gadget. It still holds up anytime I've watched an episode. But what is this site's track record for this kind of news? I'm going to need to see more official sources on this before I can get my hopes up.

Nameless

I found a picture of the redesigned characters:

Notably, Brain is brown and not yellow.

Peanutbutter

Penny looks a little bit odd, but I don't mind if these are what their final designs will be.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Hmm...seems like your standard mediocre kids cartoon these days so far, but there was some good slapstick in there. Can't really judge it properly yet, but it doesn't look like it'll be something I'll want to keep up with when it comes out.

Lord Il

Well.... I guess it wasn't too bad for the mere few minutes preview. Felt very nostalgic of the original. The voice casting seems reasonable, but I have to admit that the late Don Adams as Gadget was a great draw for me back in the day. Heck, Inspector Gadget was pretty much the personality of Maxwell Smart from Get Smart.

Any idea who will be voicing Doctor Claw this time?

Daxdiv

Looks like Inspector Gadget reboot is going to Netflix first.

Interesting really. Might end up on Boomerang though, but considering how I always see ads for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures season 2 on Disney XD for Netflix, maybe it will be a Netflix exclusive.

Daikun

Check it out on Netflix.

So, I guess this thread doesn't belong in the CN board anymore?

Dr. Insomniac

What are you talking about? It's always been on the General Animation board. Always.

:humhumhum: