The 7D

Started by Daikun, July 07, 2014, 01:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

A new series premiered today on Disney XD, and here's the talkback thread for it!

The 7D is a loose spin-off of Snow White featuring the Seven Dwarfs as the main characters. They continually have to save the kingdom of Jollywood and its monarch, Queen Delightful, from the warlock hubby-wife team Grim and Hildy.

The series is backed by Animaniacs/TTA creator Tom Ruegger and premieres every Monday and Tuesday at 10AM. (For this week, though, the series will have premieres every weekday.)

Silverstar

Saw the premiere this morning, and liked what I saw.

I posted an early review of the show on our blog, so rather than repeat myself, I'll just link to it:

http://thetwin-factor.blogspot.com/2014/07/reviews-on-run-disneys-7d.html
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

On the Disney board I frequent, the reception was pretty bad, since many thought that this was going to be an abomination to the original movie and that the artwork was hideous... then clips actually came out, and a lot of the haters were won over.

I was always kind of interested in it though, so I'm keeping an eye out for it!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

Admittedly, I was taken aback by the way the Seven Dwarfs were re-designed initially, but I'm over it. My guess is that The 7D's producers wanted more simplistic designs to match with the fast, frantic pacing of the show. So it's a case of form according to function.

Honestly, I can take or leave Disney shows for the most part, but I enjoyed this more than I expected to. Of course, having some Silver Age Warner Brothers writers/producers such as Tom Ruegger, Paul Rugg and Alfred Gimeno on board obviously doesn't hurt.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Daikun

Daikun

Daxdiv

RIP 7D! Oh well, at least everyone is moving on to other stuff.