Very Important House

Started by Daikun, July 19, 2014, 01:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Jhonen Vasquez is returning to TV animation, and he has a new series for Disney XD!

QuoteInvader Zim and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac creator Jhonen Vasquez's pilot Very Important House is coming to Disney XD.

Working with Jenny Goldberg of Rick and Morty, who co-created and designed the show, Vasquez developed an idea that centers on 12-year-old Frolie, who moves into the Very Important House and suddenly finds herself in the role of caretaker of the universe, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

He later clarified for readers on his Tumblr:

QuoteJust wanted to clarify that cunch (J.R Goldberg), did indeed do character designs, but she's also co-creator on the show. The article made it look like she was just on the design side. She deserves more credit there, and in the case of the show going horribly wrong, I want to know I can blame her, ya know?

Also, Frolie's 12 years old and not the 11 listed in the article!

It seems from previous blog posts that he's been developing this idea for some time before getting it to this stage.

Asked recently about the state of his Johnny the Homicidal Maniac animated feature, Vasquez said that it's one of a number of projects on his plate, including one that sounds like a potential network series:

"There's another thing going on, bigger in scale but constrained by a more traditional/glacial animation setup," he wrote. "Can't say much about it, but I'm looking at a character that's been mostly in my head for the past two years taking her first animated test steps and it's one of the best feelings of late."

Avaitor

That's, huh.

I'm pretty interested. I'm among the minority on here that still likes Zim, so I'll definitely keep an eye out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I've always been a fan of not only Zim, but Vasquez's comic work as well, so I'm pretty excited for a new animated series from him! Hopefully it turns out well.  :)

Lord Il

hmm... Disney XD, you say? It seems so odd that it might just work. Being versatile in such a business means everything.
I'm interested in seeing this latest creation.

Quote from: Avaitor on July 19, 2014, 03:56:43 PMI'm among the minority on here that still likes Zim, so I'll definitely keep an eye out.
*raises hand*
<--Invader Zim fan right here. What tends to ruin it is the sometimes irritating fanbase which I try to avoid. (ie: the screechy fangirls)
:frown:

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 19, 2014, 08:30:57 PM
I've always been a fan of not only Zim, but Vasquez's comic work as well, so I'm pretty excited for a new animated series from him! Hopefully it turns out well.  :)
As am I. Titles like "JtHM", and "Squee" are pretty much iconic. "I Am Sick" is fun as well. I enjoy the dark and absurd when done right.

Daikun