Tsunemi Chiba (Beck)

VS.

Gojo Shiouji (Excel Saga)

VS.

Amuro Ray (Mobile Suit Gundam)

VS.

Hei (Darker Than Black)

My Picks:

Gojo Shiouji - Incredibly smart and easily annoyed, but in many ways just as messed up as the most of the cast, Shiouji was always one of the most entertaining ES characters for me.

Tsunemi Chiba - A great "punk with a heart of gold" character with a strong character arc, and one of the characters I was most invested in throughout the series.

Amuro Ray - I never watched more than a few episodes of MSG, but I remember liking Amuro well enough.

Hei - I've never watched Darker than Black.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Pass. I actually don't know any of these characters.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Y'know, GSF, I seem to recall you having a Video Game Theme tournament you haven't updated in two weeks. Perhaps you should resume that sometime.  :>

gunswordfist

i'll be able to use my computer to start the next round tonight. you have such good timing. now use it to launch a new round.

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Tsunemi Chiba (Beck) - 8
Gojo Shiouji (Excel Saga) - 9
Amuro Ray (Mobile Suit Gundam) - 10
Hei (Darker Than Black) - 3

Amuro and Gojo move on to round 2.

Round 1: Match 5

Alexander Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood/manga)

VS.

Space Dandy (Space Dandy)

VS.

Masaomi Kida (Durarara!!)

VS.

Kamina (Gurren Lagann)

My Picks:

Masaomi Kida - For a character who comes off at first as an aloof buffoon, he turns out that his happy go lucky act covers up a burden of guilt over what happened to his former gang and his former girlfriend, and he has one of the strongest, if not the strongest, character arcs as presented in the anime.

Kamina - Makes a strong impression early on. Really carries the show for those first eight episodes, which is probably why his death makes a lot of impact on most first-time viewers.

Space Dandy - A dandy guy in space.

Alexander Louis Armstrong - Amusing, but never one of my favorites in either version of FMA. I find his older sister to be a much more interesting character.

VLordGTZ

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spike Dandy
Kidadada!!
Strong Arms
Ashita no Joe reference

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Alexander Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood/manga) - 8
Space Dandy (Space Dandy) - 11
Masaomi Kida (Durarara!!) - 12
Kamina (Gurren Lagann) - 9

Masaomi Kida and Space Dandy move on to round 2.

Round 1: Match 6

Cobra (Space Adventure Cobra)

VS.

Wolfgang Grimmer (Monster)

VS.

Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood/manga)

VS.

Chun-li (Street Fighter manga)

My Picks:

Wolfgang Grimmer - My second favorite character in Monster, after Tenma.

Cobra - A predecessor to characters like Spike and Dandy, though he strikes a balance of goofy and cool much better. In general a fun protagonist to follow around and root for.

Maes Hughes - I prefer him in the FMA anime, mainly because he just does more in that and has more presence than he does in the manga/Brotherhood. But, he's still a good character.

Chun Li - I've actually never even played a Street Fighter game, much less read any of the Street Fighter manga.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Grimmer- Hands down my favorite character from Monster; he has a fascinating backstory and manages to pull off being a morally complex "good guy" more than most characters of his type

Maes Hughes- While he's not a favorite of mine, I like him well enough in both the first anime as well as Brotherhood (and the manga); I do think he's one of those characters that got a tad overrated back in the day simply just because he died (which was a big deal back in 2003 when we were still used to death being no real threat in most cartoons of that era; having not been exposed to that many anime at the time), but putting that aside, I do think that he's a memorable character, but just not quite as great as some of my actual favorites in terms of either nuance or entertainment value

Cobra- I haven't seen his show, but he seems like an enjoyable character

Chun-Li- I haven't read the SF manga, but she's my 3rd favorite female character to play as in SSF4, if that means anything at all