Star vs. the Forces of Evil

Started by Daikun, August 04, 2014, 12:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Back in 2013, Disney picked up a pilot from Daron Nefcy titled Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and it's set to premiere in 2015. It will premiere both on Disney Channel and Disney XD.

The series is sort of like an animated Sliders, where a princess named Star Butterfly who travels to battle evil forces across multiple universes.

The intro was screened at Comic-Con. Here's a cam rip. It looks really awesome and I can't wait for it.

LumRanmaYasha

I've been anticipating this show for a while, and was wondering when we'd finally see some animation/clips for it. That opening is good stuff! Show looks like it could be a lot of fun, so I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this.

RacattackForce

I'll admit that I watched that intro over and over again; so much energy and fun just radiates off of that opening that I really hope is an accurate reflection of the show's atmosphere. I don't want the fanart I tweeted at the creator to be all for not, after all. It will definitely be a great companion piece next to Gravity Falls, seeing as they're both comedies with a heavy mystical/supernatural bent.

Daikun

Quote from: RacattackForce on August 05, 2014, 09:36:42 PMI don't want the fanart I tweeted at the creator to be all for not, after all.

Care to show us some of that?

RacattackForce

Quote from: Daikun on August 05, 2014, 11:36:45 PM
Quote from: RacattackForce on August 05, 2014, 09:36:42 PMI don't want the fanart I tweeted at the creator to be all for not, after all.

Care to show us some of that?
'Twas nothing but a quick doodle. There's a lot better fanart out there already. I need to get a Wacom tablet, stat.
Spoiler
[close]

Daikun

Quote from: RacattackForce on August 05, 2014, 11:42:57 PM'Twas nothing but a quick doodle. There's a lot better fanart out there already. I need to get a Wacom tablet, stat.
Spoiler
[close]

Cuuuuuuuuuute! :swoon:

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

TV Guide has a First Look and new clips.

The show premieres on January 18 at 9PM.

Daikun

It premieres tonight! I nearly forgot!

LumRanmaYasha

The first episode was enjoyable. The show's sense of humor doesn't seem like it'll always click with me, but I think it's off to a good start.

Spark Of Spirit

It was a bit too sugar infused for my tastes, but it was quite well done.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

RacattackForce

LumRanmaYasha