Excel Saga soundtracks

Started by Lan, June 03, 2014, 05:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micki!

Hmm, I'm tempted to get them both, but I don't know just yet if i want them or should get them, after literally spending a fortune recently...
Thanks for letting people know though, Lan ..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Speedy

I'm very grateful that Geneon released the two soundtracks stateside back when they were still in business.  They're still some of my favorite anime soundtracks.

However, the soundtracks were not complete.  They were like this in Japan too, so I'm not blaming Geneon for this, but rather the original company.  Here are some music tracks not present on either CD:
-"Animation USA": USA establishing shot.
-"Animation USA": Mickey Excel hits bad guy with mallet
-"Animation USA": Corleone on the phone.
-"Animation USA": Pedro's training music
-"Animation USA": Sailor Moon-esque music when Excel delivers her speech
-The three-note "failure" guitar sting.
-"Visually Appealing Type":  Key's songs.  An instrumental was also heard in episode 23.
-"Big City Part II":  The hospital music.
-"Big City Part II":  When Excel and Hyatt are selling Christmas stuff on the street.
-"Menchi - A Bolero of Regret", human version.
-"Take Back Love":  When Ropponmatsu 1 revives Hyatt.
-The next episode preview music, a shortened version of "Ai (Chuuseishin)".

If they really wanted to be ambitious, they could've also included Excel's song about Key and "Excel Saga: The Musical", though I can understand why neither made it, since they're made of existing BGM already released.

I'm not sure the reason for the omissions, but it's a letdown that we'll probably never hear clean versions of these tracks.