Classic Hanna-Barbera

Started by Nameless, August 09, 2014, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Like most H-B shows, WR isn't really something that holds up for me much as a show, but the concept and characters and still great and I've been wanting them to do something new with the property for a long time now. So this actually has me pretty excited. I hope something comes of this and it turns out well.

gunswordfist

I've found Wacky Races to be pretty boring since I was a kid. Most of my opinions on HB shows never really change over time.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

There's still a bit of Michael Maltese's charms in his Wacky Races scripts, but the show feels like C-tier Road Runner shorts for the majority of their running time. That, and the one-joke characters usually aren't holding great jokes behind them.

I do think the concept has potential for something new, though. I was actually kind of interested in that reboot that resurfaced a few years ago, but I don't think that was the right time or vehicle for the franchise. Here's hoping that this is it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

It certainly does have potential. It was kind of a slog to go through in its original format though

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on October 02, 2015, 01:44:58 AMWord around town is that Warner is working on a DTV for Wacky Races, of all things.

Confirmed on this recent promo for CN Australia.

https://vimeo.com/143717699

Avaitor

Cool!

Also, Secret Squirrel is getting a DVD release to follow Atom Ant's. I like Secret a little better, but my opinion is about the same for both series- these just aren't as clever as HB's earlier funny animal cartoons. They're still kind of fun, but far from great.

Now Super Secret Squirrel, those are cartoons that I want to see again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I liked the Secret Squirrel cartoons from 2 Stupid Dogs more than the original Secret Squirrel cartoons.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

2 Stupid Dogs would be a good series to release on DVD.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I remember liking that Secret Squirrel more too.

Daikun

Daikun

DC Comics is reimagining classic H-B properties.

Titles mentioned:

-Scooby Apocalypse

-Future Quest
(crossover featuring all the H-B action heroes)

-Wacky Race Land

-The Flintstones

Check the link for covers.

Avaitor

These look and sound pretty weird, ngl. But the Quest one looks cool.

I'll give that one a go, and I'll keep an eye out for the reception on the others.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Future Quest needs to be animated - NOW.

Spark Of Spirit

I can give or take most of them, buuut...

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 28, 2016, 01:13:44 PM
Future Quest needs to be animated - NOW.
Seriously, that one looks awesome.

Reminds me of the Hasbro rumor of combining G.I. Joe, Transformers, and M.A.S.K. (among others) into one big universe. That's a crossover I could get behind.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

It's like they don't like money or something. :D Both of those crossover would make all kinds of cash.