Classic Hanna-Barbera

Started by Nameless, August 09, 2014, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

WB is making a new movie called S.C.O.O.B. They have interesting plans for it.

QuoteS.C.O.O.B. was described as "our first shot at unlocking the whole Hanna-Barbera Universe," implying that the long-term plan is for the Scooby-Doo reboot to lead into a whole series of linked franchises based on the cartoons of William Hanna and Joseph Barbera.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

In theory, a HB universe could work. But most of their shows have always been kind of dry and/or overrated. This probably won't work well.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Meh, this probably won't happen. Most of Warner's plans for theatrical takes of their animated properties fail to make it to screen.

I actually don't think that this is a bad idea, if these have some element of fun and can be a good mix of respect to the original series with a dutiful contemporary take. But lord knows that we don't need a gritty Jabberjaw reboot.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Don't know why this part was left out:

QuoteThe think tank includes LEGO Movie's Phil Lord and Chris Miller, Neighbors director Nicholas Stoller, Focus filmmakers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, and other talented male human beings. First up is September's Storks, a movie about the storks who deliver babies, followed by LEGO Batman next year, and then Smallfoot, a film about a Yeti who thinks (twist!) that humans are real. And there are more LEGO movies – a direct sequel to 2014's film, plus a Ninjago spin-off, which was described as a mash-up of kung fu films and kaiju movies, and which looked like a LEGO version of Pacific Rim, which is an awesome idea no matter what anyone says.

Yes, the guys behind 21/22 Jump Street, The Lego Movie, and Clone High are spearheading this project. Doesn't mean this will get past development hell, but WB have been way too lazy with their Hanna-Barbara library so I hope this goes through. Lord and Miller are just the right guys to adapt shows like Yogi Bear and The Flintstones for modern audiences.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

RIP Janet Waldo

So last year, we lost the entirety of the original Flintstones cast. This year, we've lost The Jetsons. Someone should really check up on Frank Welker, or June!

New blog!

gunswordfist

R.I.P. Janet Waldo. I didn't know both casts are now all passed..

Daikun

Critics are going crazy over DC's new Flintstones comics. Check out some scanned panels here. This shit is surprisingly dark.

gunswordfist

Quote'The Jetsons' Movie Nabs 'Sausage Party' Director (Exclusive)
Ummmm...

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 25, 2017, 08:44:15 PM
Quote'The Jetsons' Movie Nabs 'Sausage Party' Director (Exclusive)
Ummmm...

He's done lighter fare before. He directed quite a few DreamWorks movies.

gunswordfist

...I straight up assumed it was just one of Seth Rogen's drunken friends.

Daikun