Coyote Vs. Acme

Started by Daikun, September 02, 2014, 03:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

The Looney Tunes' mega-corporation is getting its own movie.

QuoteWarner Bros. is moving forward with Acme (working title), a new Looney Tunes spin-off centered around the Acme Corporation, the fictional weapons supplier whose name was often seen in the original shorts. The film, which has been in development since 2010, will not star any of the recognized Looney Tunes characters.

Scriptwriters Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz (X-Men: First Class, Thor, Top Gun 2) will write the script, and directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy Stupid Love, Focus) are "in early negotiations to direct," according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Initially planned as a live-action film, Hollywood Reporter now says that Acme will be a live-action/animation hybrid, in the style of earlier films like Space Jam and Looney Tunes: Back in Action, though the animation would obviously be CGI. Steve Carrell is attached as the lead, a "Steve Jobs kind of character." LEGO Movie producers Roy Lee and Dan Lin will produce the film. Lin, who has in the past exhibited a tenuous grasp on classic animation, unsuccessfully attempted a Tom & Jerry relaunch back in 2009.

LumRanmaYasha

Eh. If it won't have any Looney Tunes characters, then it might as well not be Looney Tunes-related at all. Rename the company, and the same basic story would have no connection to the franchise whatsoever. The people working on it don't give me too much hope for the finished product turning out great, either.

Lord Il

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 02, 2014, 03:39:34 PM
Eh. If it won't have any Looney Tunes characters, then it might as well not be Looney Tunes-related at all. Rename the company, and the same basic story would have no connection to the franchise whatsoever.
Hit the nail on the head.

I'm left confused by where they are going with this.

But really I'm just at a loss for words.

:??:

Avaitor

It is a very weird idea for a movie, yes. But considering Warner's previous track record for getting products like these on the ground, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't see the light of day.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

It's an odd idea for a movie, but I'm willing to give the writer of Thor and X-men: First Class a chance.

gunswordfist

Hmm, I also did think that First Class would be bad...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Inkwolf

It sounds to me like something that could work, maybe in the Roger Rabbit universe. (Wasn't there some Disney/Warner agreement that they both had shared rights to the whole Toontown scenario?) It would probably have to have cameo appearances by at least Wile E.

But my hopes aren't high.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Daikun

Quote from: Inkwolf on September 04, 2014, 07:47:05 AMIt sounds to me like something that could work, maybe in the Roger Rabbit universe.

I don't see why not. Looney Tunes: Back in Action explored a live-action Acme Corporation.

Why not have the Looney Tunes characters? :??:

Lord Il

Giving this Acme movie project a Blanc stare..

Daikun

News about this movie is back on.

The new title is Coyote Vs. Acme. Chris McKay (The Lego Batman Movie) will be directing and the Silberman Brothers (Living Biblically) are writing.

Daikun