AR Feature Talkback: The Top 30 Greatest Story Arcs in Anime and Manga

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, September 10, 2014, 08:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Good work everyone. Don't really know what else to say, since I've barely read/seen any of these story arcs. TSR definitely deserves it. I do think the amount of stats at the beginning of each entry feels quite long in the tooth, though; might want to cut that down or remove the double spacing or something.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 11, 2014, 12:54:21 PM
Is there any chance Foggle can update the banner now?  :sweat:
I should probably just remove that thing entirely tbh. I always forget to update it recently. Done.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, the stats are mostly meant for easy access to info about each arc and where to read or watch them and such. As for the double-spacing, I was trying to get rid of that but wasn't sure how, since WP seems to do that for me automatically, unless I'm typing out a paragraph. You could always just skip them and read the main paragraphs if you're not interested in any if that info, of course.

As for ones that you have seen, I think that there are about 3 story arcs that have appeared so use from shows that you have watched, and I'm positive that there will be at least a few more later on in the list.

Foggle

Hold shift and press enter when making new lines to create a single-spaced line break. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks. I'll try to go back and fix that later, and also use it for the rest of this list.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 11, 2014, 01:37:59 PM
name those stupid reasons why people hate black lagoon, cx.

Not so much "stupid" reasons than ones of different taste and perspective. For instance, some people found Revy to be an irredeemable, obnoxious jerk, and didn't find the protagonists in general sympathetic enough to root for (during the Roberta arc a lot of people were rooting for her and not the BL crew). A lot of people also felt that the series tackled subject matter it really couldn't handle with much tact, especially in the Vampire Twins arc. Many people just couldn't get past a few things that bugged them about the series, and that made some of it's really great elements not quite as impressive to them in comparison to others who were engaged with the series. It's a shame that they, and most of Toonami's audience, just couldn't click with the show for one reason or another, but not everyone likes everything the same way or the same extent, so I can understand where most of them were coming from, even if I really can't agree with their perspectives at all.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They hound on BL for not handling it's subject material well, yet these same people praise AoT which is hilariously terrible at conveying it's material. That's Toonami's general fan-base for you.

LumRanmaYasha

Actually, a lot of people on TZ watching AOT for the first time on Toonami are not finding it as good as the hype suggested it would be. Generally, opinions are more positive than negative on the series, but few people seem really that hyped on it.

Of course, ratings suggest otherwise in regards to Toonami's general fanbase.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Part 3 is up!

I also fixed the spacing issue with both this entry and the previous ones. Thanks for the tip, Foggle. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, and sorry about the picture for the Namek arc, CX. For some reason the one you gave me wouldn't post properly, so I replaced it with something else. I'll see if I can go back and fix that later on.

LumRanmaYasha

^ That's okay. If my previous doesn't work, can we use this one instead?:

Spoiler

[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

Boy, is everyone here going to be surprised when they see that #1 is the
Spoiler
Cell Saga
[close]
No one is going to see that coming.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

My Digimon is rusty, but I am familiar with all of the arcs in this set! Rikiishi's is especially a thing of beauty, wow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/