"World Football Challenge 2011" Talkback

Started by ToonFaithful, July 19, 2011, 08:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToonFaithful

Current Lineup:

Chivas USA vs. Real Madrid - July 20th, 2011(ESPN2 / ESPN3D / ESPN Deportes/ Radio / GolTV (CAN))

Chicago Fire vs. Manchester United - July 23rd, 2011(ESPN2 / ESPN3 / ESPN Deportes / GOL TV Canada)

Juventus F.C. vs. Sporting C.P. - July 23rd, 2011(ESPN Deportes / ESPN3)

Philadelphia Union vs. Real Madrid - July 23rd, 2011(ESPN Deportes / ESPN3)

Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Manchester City - July 24th, 2011(ESPN / ESPN3 / ESPN Deportes / TSN2 (CAN))

Juventus F.C. vs. Club America - July 26th, 2011(ESPN2 / ESPN3 / ESPN Deportes/ Radio / GolTV (CAN))

Juventus F.C. vs. Chivas USA - July 28th, 2011(ESPN2 / ESPN3 / GalavisiĆ³n / GolTV (CAN))

Barcelona vs. Manchester United - July 30th, 2011(ESPN2 / ESPN3 / ESPN Deportes / GolTV (CAN))

Barcelona vs. Chivas USA - August 3rd, 2011(ESPN2 / ESPN3 / GalavisiĆ³n / GolTV (CAN))

Barcelona vs. Club America - August 6th, 2011(ESPN / ESPN3 / ESPN Deportes/ Radio / GolTV (CAN))

Kiddington

Son, this is America. We call it "soccer" here, thank you very much.  :happytime:

In all seriousness, this is one sport that I've never been able to get into. I dunno; I tried watching the Women's World Cup and all, but I just couldn't stay interested. Not for me, I guess.

ToonFaithful

Opposite for me. Once I began watching the Womens' World Cup I automatically became a fan of the US team and started to appreciate the sport more. Also spent the summer of 2010 on the TV screen during the Fifa World Cup. That, that, and my cousins brainwashing me of Wayne Rooney videos and back-to-back rounds in EA Fifa 11. It runs in the family, I guess.

Anyways, loving the concept of this event. Teams from the Major League Soccer organization take on popular, prestigious international futbol clubs. This is a way for MLS teams to become better at the sport and practicing new techniques. MLS is doing the same thing for the All-Star game. MLS All-Stars vs. Manchester United.

ToonFaithful

Chivas USA vs. Real Madrid currently playing at the moment. Pretty intense game, we're at 81:21 so the game is almost over. Oh crap, Cristiano Ronaldo just scored...again. Anyways, there were no goals in the first half, Real Madrid started picking up on offense during the second half with three goals at the moment!

And apparently fans are experimenting with pyro in the stands. Smoke is all over the field. Great game, great game!