Cinemassacre's Monster Madness

Started by Daikun, September 23, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I agree with him on many of those movies. However, I liked movies I and II more than III. I also didn't like V much at all. Part IV is indeed the best in the series, though. It's the movie where the characters were almost qualified to be called "characters". Plus, the special effects were at their best in it, a highlight being unmasked Jason.

Looking forward to the next videos in March. At least to a certain extent. The main movies I had been looking forward to hearing him cover were I-IV. The only movie I liked after those was VI.

Daikun

talonmalon333

Sounds like James enjoyed VI less than I did. He mentions that it felt stale and didn't do anything new for the series, but I always felt it brought some life to the series with its more comedic style, after Part V was so mediocre and made the formula feel so used up. VI is one of my favorites because of the touch-in-cheek tone and because Jason is awesome in it and actually feels like a character we cheer for rather than fear. It's a different type of Friday movie, fun but not scary, and since the old type was milked for all it was worth, I like the way VI went and think it should have become a template for future sequels, which sadly didn't happen and they all ended up being bad (though Part IX at least is so bad that it's good). Looking forward to hearing what James thinks of those movies.

Daikun

Daikun

talonmalon333

This just barely beats out Part 5 as the worst in the series.

Daikun

talonmalon333

After I-IV and VI, part IX is my favorite but largely because of how ridiculous it is. If you treat it like a comedy it works. The first 5-10 minutes in particular had me laughing harder than I had for most movies in general. It's a bad movie, but it's bad in a fun way, whereas VIII was bad in a frustrating way.

Daikun

talonmalon333

Jason X is fun. Definitely better than V, VII, and VIII. It seems to know that it's bad.

But this was a fun maratho. I'm glad he finally got around to this series. It was also a fun pattern of Daikun linking the videos, me and only me commenting on them, and then repeat. :P

gunswordfist

When's the last time we had Friday The 13th for two months in a row?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

What are your thoughts on Freddy vs. Jason, talon?

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on March 13, 2015, 10:31:31 PM
What are your thoughts on Freddy vs. Jason, talon?

It's a fun movie because of Freddy and Jason. It's not scary and the characters aren't good, but the two slasher icons save it. I do think it's a bit of a mismatch, as Freddy is a lot more powerful than Jason, but that doesn't matter much.

Daikun

It's almost October... ;)

This one isn't really a trailer; it's really just James' commentary on the previous years.

We got a week, though. Prepare yourselves!

talonmalon333

Monster Madness, whenever it happens, is one of the best things on the internet.

Looking forward to it.