Cinemassacre's Monster Madness

Started by Daikun, September 23, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

It begins!

Day #1: The Ring

EDIT: This year's MM will be switching between the old format and this new one with Mike Matei. I'll be letting you know which episodes do and don't have Mike.

talonmalon333

LumRanmaYasha

I prefer James' solo videos and reviews, but sometimes the conversations he has with Mike or his other friends can be pretty interesting and entertaining. I'm more unfavorable about them switching up the format by having on-camera discussions about the films, rather than actually showing clips from the films and giving quick reviews as in years previous. James really articulates concise and meaningful takes on films through that style, while his casual discussions with Mike like in today's video feel a lot more meandering and incomplete as analysis and criticism. Hopefully we'll still get some actual reviews like in year's previous rather than mostly these v-log style conversations, which as I said can be interesting in regards to certain games/subjects, but is just not what I want to see in his Monster Madness stuff.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm guessing this is a way for him to lighten his and Mike's workload. As he said, some videos will be scripted, but most will be v-log style, since it takes a ton of work to make all of those videos, and perhaps they just weren't up for the stress of going through all of that this year.

Though, if that's the case, then I would have preferred that James just did less videos for the month like he did a few years ago.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

talonmalon333

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 01, 2015, 11:41:40 PM
I prefer James' solo videos and reviews, but sometimes the conversations he has with Mike or his other friends can be pretty interesting and entertaining. I'm more unfavorable about them switching up the format by having on-camera discussions about the films, rather than actually showing clips from the films and giving quick reviews as in years previous. James really articulates concise and meaningful takes on films through that style, while his casual discussions with Mike like in today's video feel a lot more meandering and incomplete as analysis and criticism. Hopefully we'll still get some actual reviews like in year's previous rather than mostly these v-log style conversations, which as I said can be interesting in regards to certain games/subjects, but is just not what I want to see in his Monster Madness stuff.

Yeah, James has talked before about how he's not the best at presenting things after he's had time to properly plan it out.

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Misery is easily among the better Stephen King movies, and Kathy Bates' s performance is really what makes it all work so well. I'm glad that she won the Oscar for a genre film, which is rare. It reminds me of how badly Essie Davis got snubbed this year by not even receiving a nomination for her amazing performance in The Babadook. The Academy Awards are biased as hell against horror films (even critically acclaimed ones).

Daikun

Day #7: Poultrygeist

This one has Mike. (I think I'm sensing a pattern...)

Daikun

Day #8: The Monster (No Mike.)

It's been a while since we've seen a silent age film covered on Monster Madness. It feels pretty refreshing to see that again.

Daikun

Daikun

Day #10: Is It Horror?

This one isn't a movie, but rather a discussion with Mike.