Cinemassacre's Monster Madness

Started by Daikun, September 23, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Day 19: Insidious

This is one of the few modern horror films from the past 5 years that I legitimately enjoyed. I actually enjoy the second half, as silly as it might be, for being more surreal than mst horror films are willing to go. That said, I largely prefer The Conjuring, which was James Wan's other film from last year, despite being way less original (but that was the point, as as an homage to classic horror films). I still have yet to see Insidious Chapter 2, which got torn to shreds by critics, but seems to still have a devoted fan base. It's on Netflix, so I'll probably check it out one of these days.

Daikun

Jesus, we're falling behind! :whuh:

Day 16: The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
Day 17: Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Day 18: Doctor X
Day 20: Murders in the Rue Morgue

Anyway... Insidious was made in 2010? I could've sworn the movie was released later than that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

Oh, I love Island of Lost Souls!

Wow, I really need to catch up with these.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Day 23: Bride of Chucky

Yay! James covered Brad Dourif twice in this year's MM.

Day 24: Son of Kong

I actually have King Kong and Son of Kong as a double-feature DVD. I always thought this movie suffered from a rather short run-time, and the ending felt rather weak. I had no idea RKO forced them to rush it. It makes so much sense now...

Daikun

Daikun

Okay, let's wrap this up.

Day 30: Young Frankenstein

Mel Brooks on Monster Madness? :thinkin: There's a surprise.

Day 31: Trick 'r Treat

I had a feeling he would end with this. Happy Halloween!

EDIT: Post suggestions for next year! :joy:

Daikun

October is still far away, but during this and next month, James will be reviewing all of the Friday the 13th movies!

Part 1 review

talonmalon333

I've been waiting for this for a while. I had hoped to see it in his second Sequel-a-Thon. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say about the movies.

Friday Part IV is my favorite.

Speedy

Related:  The second James and Mike Mondays video of the month is Friday the 13th on NES:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_u0RgxPNcU .  What's most amusing about this video is how James initially confesses that he doesn't actually hate the game as much as AVGN did, but by the end of the video he decides he hates it more than ever.

Daikun

talonmalon333

He should have said more about the lead in this movie. She was one of the better ones in the series.

Daikun

Daikun

Wow, I forgot to post here for a few days. :whuh: Let's get caught up.

Part 3 review
Part 4 review
Part 5 review

See you in March!