Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (watch it)

Started by goody2shoes, October 06, 2014, 05:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

This is Parasite for me, in that I was into the show early on last year, but dropped it early on for whatever reason. I'd love for it to make it on Toonami, as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I can't say that the concept of the spin-off interests me, but I might check it out for the hell of it.

I'm really just waiting for the second season, though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I also never finished Parasyte (and also still haven't watched season 2 of F/SN UBW), but that's because I temporarily stopped keeping up with most shows that I was watching to give myself more time to study.

I'll eventually get around to finishing it.

LumRanmaYasha

Dreamer2

People are super mad about this whole Anime Strike thing. And I don't really blame them. I wonder if Anime Strike will even last all that long.

Spark Of Spirit

One subscription is enough for me. I guess I'll just have to miss it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on April 05, 2017, 10:02:41 PM
Welp, looks like I'm paying for Anime Strike after all.  :srs:
NOOOOOO :cry:

Anime Strike also got Atom: The Beginning
, which has some great talent behind it (Bahi JD is even directing the OP).

At the end of the day though, this means that I'm finally going to get Anime Strike.  I've been hyped for RoB Season 2 for the past 2 years, and last month's trailer only got me more pumped.  I already pay for a Prime subscription for other reasons, so the cost for me getting Anime Strike isn't that bad.  That being said, I really wish Amazon would have stuck to their original plan of including their anime acquisitions in the base package of Prime like they did for Kabaneri.  The flip-side to Anime Strike is that Amazon's promotion of their anime pickups has gotten a lot better.  You literally had to dig on Amazon's website to find Kabaneri when it was airing, and they didn't seem to even acknowledge its existence.  Now, Amazon is actually promoting the anime that they have even if it's behind an annoying paywall.

Quote from: Dreamer2 on April 05, 2017, 10:06:29 PM
People are super mad about this whole Anime Strike thing. And I don't really blame them. I wonder if Anime Strike will even last all that long.
Amazon has likely entered the anime streaming market to compete with Netflix, who is already directly licensing anime as well as starting to produce their own.  As long as Netflix continues to be involved in anime streaming, so will Amazon.  They already have a partnership with the Japanese anime block noitaminA, and they seem to have plans to start sub-licensing (the majority of) their pickups to Sentai, so it looks like they plan to stay involved with anime for the long-haul.  I do hope that Anime Strike does eventually become apart of the base version of Prime though, or spun off as a service separate from Prime. 

VLordGTZ

I just caught up with Virgin Soul and damn it's been fantastic!  I think this season has benefited greatly from being two cours.  The story feels a lot more naturally paced, and it's allowed for a stronger focus on the characters themselves.  Azazel and Jean D'Arc in particular have gotten some solid character development and moments that felt absent from their roles in the first season.  Charioce has also been an interesting villain so far, with his ideals directly conflicting with Kaiser's viewpoint of how humanity should move forward with their relationship between the demons and gods.  It's a real shame that many people haven't watched this season yet due to it being an Anime Strike exclusive, because it lives up to the 2 years worth of hype wholeheartedly.  If the second cour ends up being as good as this first one, Virgin Soul might cement itself as one of my all-time favorite anime series.