Twin Peaks is Coming Back in 2016!

Started by Foggle, October 06, 2014, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Foggle

I won't be able to start season 3 for a week or two since I'm re-watching the original series with my fiancee first. I barely remember anything about it and she's never seen it before. This will also be my first viewing of The Missing Pieces!

If anyone posts untagged spoilers I will nuke the entire forum from orbit, so please be courteous. ;)

Dr. Insomniac

So I was wondering why the midget didn't come back, and...

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

I, uh, would love to know where he got this information from...

Dr. Insomniac

Did David Lynch run over his dog or something, because they seemed to have a great working relationship in the past with Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive.

Foggle

Well, it finished. I loved the whole thing from start to finish. After reading and thinking about the finale for a while, it's left me feeling really depressed and hollow. Should they decide to do a season 4, it functions as an excellent setup for some terrifying surreal horror; if not, it's one of the bleakest and most thematically brilliant endings I've ever seen. The new season provided closure and good-hearted fanservice for longtime fans while also being a giant piss-take and criticism of TV series revivals in equal measure. I laughed almost constantly, I cried on occasion, I was on the edge of my seat for a large portion of it. A masterwork, and the greatest piece of television I've seen since The Wire (perhaps not better than it, but certainly the only thing that's even come close for me).