DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Yeah, Iris is probably the weak-link thus far, but the series is young. There is a lot more that they can do with her, so I hope the show gets her down soon.

I do like how Flash has taken a slightly more fun approach from Arrow, without going too far into camp. It makes me wish that both shows were airing on the same night, since they compliment each other so well.

And I agree about Arrow. Good follow-up from the premiere, but the episode wasn't quite as strong.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It would especially be great for them to air on the same night for that 2-episode crossover that we're supposed to get later on down the line (one episode for each series). This is actually pretty awesome and exciting, because it reminds me of how Buffy and Angel had their crossovers, except now I get to have the fun of experiencing it for Arrow and The Flash as it's happening as a brand new thing.

Spark Of Spirit

They probably want to spread out their popular shows since these and Supernatural are basically the only popular shows the CW has.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

There was The Vampire Diaries, but the vampire fad came and went pretty fast, all things considered.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Has there ever even been a good vampire show since Buffy or Angel?

Avaitor

Does Adventure Time count?

But I hear that The Strain's not bad.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I liked this episode as well. We got some nice developments with certain characters, and Barry is starting to get better at doing his job as The Flash.

Just as a couple of fun facts that I found out:

-The guy who plays Barry's dad in this show also played The Flash on the original TV series from the 90's, which only lasted for a single season, but the tribute is still nice.

-The guy who played Dr. Caitlin Snow's husband is none other than Robbie Amell, Stephen Amell's brother, or in other words the brother if the guy who plays Arrow; and if that's not cool enough, this isn't the last that we'll see of him, as his character is supposed to come back later this season as Firestorm.

Also, next week's episode will be this show's first official crossover with Arrow with Felicity appearing in Central City. That should be an exciting week, for sure.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Tonight's episode of Arrow was the best one of the season so far, IMO. Thea, for one thing, seems A LOT less annoying than she has in past seasons. I'm really hoping that she actually becomes an interesting character this season, as it seems that she is now a lot less whiny than before, and thanks to her training can actually hold her own in a fight.

Meanwhile, we finally got introduced to Ted Grant (Wildcat) and just as I predicted, he'll be training Laurel to become a fighter (but to be fair, that was just way too obvious). It does make it a bit crazy, though, how just about everyone that Oliver knows will essentially be at or comparable to his level in terms of their ability to take down lethal threats, but that certainly isn't a bad thing, in my book. :sweat:

Also, Sara's old "girlfriend" is back in town. This won't be pretty.

That said, even though I'm still obviously more of a fan of Arrow than The Flash so far, since the latter has only just started and hasn't had enough time to develop an interesting plot, next week will be the first time that I'm slightly looking more forward to a Flash episode than an Arrow one, if only because of the Felicity crossover that's going to happen.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, Flash just started and they (thankfully) already broke the pattern of killing the villains off, so I'm hopeful it will only continue to get better.

Still disappointed they killed off Weather Wizard in the first episode, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, at least next week we get Captain Cold, and since they now have a designated prison for metahumans, they probably won't kill him off.

Spark Of Spirit

Yes, and he looks like he'll be quite a character, too. The show just gets better with every ep.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This 2 shows are certainly the highlights of my week.

Avaitor

Mine too! I'm quite happy with both thus far.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While this thread is mainly just for The CW shows, I figured that I'd briefly mention my thoughts on the other 2 unrelated DC shows running on other networks.

Gotham was actually a concept that I good get behind, as Batman: Year One proved that Gordon could be an incredibly interesting character. Unfortunately, while the show started off with some promise, it's just gotten kind of boring in no time, and when it's not boring, it's just plain stupid. I gave it 5 episodes, and I'm about ready to drop it. It's basically DC's equivalent of AoS, which is really disappointing.

As for Constantine, it was an OK premiere, but nothing special. I'll give them credit for trying to adapt something that's incredibly different than a regular superhero show with its subject material, especially for a property that failed miserably as a movie nearly a decade ago, which means that they must have faith in the source material, but as it stands, the premiere just didn't really grab me that much. I'll watch a few episodes to see if it improves, though.

Having said all of that, it looks like only the crew making The CW adaptations know how to get the formula right for these sorts of shows. To be fair, though, it did take Arrow quite a few episodes before it finalky got interesting, which is why I'm giving these other shows a chance in the first place.

Avaitor

I heard good things about the Gotham pilot, but I forgot to keep up, and from what I've learned about the rest, it doesn't seem like a show I'd like to watch.

Constantine, I do want to check out, though. Maybe I can try it this weekend.

New blog!