Author Topic: DC Live Action  (Read 18132 times)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
Re: DC Live Action
« Reply #375 on: December 19, 2017, 11:18:20 AM »
I'd say that it's a competent film, but a poor adaptation. For as many scenes as Snyder replicates from the comic book, he tends to completely misinterpret what Alan Moore was actually saying with this story.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2018, 09:34:30 AM »
Black Lightning started off good, though I'm wondering how long it will take until Berlanti rolls back that "It's totally not part of the Arrowverse" statement and does crossovers.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »
Really got into the premiere for Black Lightning. Not only does it feel tonally different from the other CW DC shows, but it also seems to have a much stronger cast (at least so far) all around, whereas the other shows tend to have a good enough lead but a really mixed supporting cast that range from decent to outright awful. I don't get that same feeling from these characters, yet, though again, it is only the first episode.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: January 20, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
I also enjoyed the Black Lightning premiere. Which surprised me, since I wasn't sure if it would do a good job of being socially aware, but it wasn't as gawdy or obnoxious as I was expecting. I hope the show stays in this direction.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/