DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Gotham is my favorite comedy of this season. I laughed when the one guy suddenly died of boneitis after drinking a dozen gallons of milk.

Spark Of Spirit

That was an excellent episode of The Flash. They nailed exactly the tone I was hoping the show would have with this one.

Glad Captain Cold is still around, too. Looks like he'll be forming a new specialized heist team of his own...  :happytime:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great episode. I like how Felicity helped to stabilize the team here by using her own experiences of being on a team with the Arrow. The comedy was also gold in this episode. This show is just so much fun, which is a nice balance with the considerably darker tone of Arrow.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This was a great episode yet again for Arrow. The three-way confrontation and fight between Green Arrow, Dark Arrow, and Nyssa was awesome, and we finally got our big reveal of Ra's, who it appears is most likely behind Sara's death. It looks like the Arrow is officially at odds with The League of Assassins, so the rest of the season should be pretty intense.

Avaitor

Both shows are nailing mostly everything they're aiming for, so I'm totally game for them. Great stuff!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Crap! I forgot that there was no new episode of The Flash this week because of Election Day. That's a bummer, but the good thing about having 2 DC live action shows is that we aren't left completely dry, so we're still getting Arrow. That said, I was surprisingly disappointed when I realized that there was no Flash, which just goes to show how much this series has already grown on me.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on November 05, 2014, 12:45:13 AM
Crap! I forgot that there was no new episode of The Flash this week because of Election Day. That's a bummer, but the good thing about having 2 DC live action shows is that we aren't left completely dry, so we're still getting Arrow.
But what about Gotham? :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So Roy killed Sara? By the looks of it, he was probably under some sort of mind control. I can't really say that I saw that coming, but we'll have to see who was really behind it later on in the season.

Other than that, it was a good episode for Felicity, but honestly I'm just more interested in seeing the progression of the main plot, as well as the rest of Olliver's backstory in Hong Kong.

Quote from: Foggle on November 05, 2014, 12:53:13 AMBut what about Gotham? :sly:

:srs:

Avaitor

Felicity is easily one of my favorite characters, so I really enjoyed this one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While I'm not as big of a Felicity fan as a lot of Arrow fans seem to be, sheis definitely the best female character on either DC Live Action show, by far, and it was good to see her finally get an episode dedicated to her.

Avaitor

Yeah, I just like how her flashback material was integrated into the episode. It reminds me of Oliver's stuff from the first season that we've seen increasingly less of as it goes along, but didn't drag on as much for me. Felicity's stuff with her mother was also well done, and I especially like how her mother talked about the differences between herself and Felicity's father. I really started to learn some more about her here.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Holy shit! That ending! I can't believe that they are doing that villain! I'm not sure how exactly they'll pull it off, but I'm still super excited to see it in the future.

Also, this was a pretty strong episode. It's a shame that a potential ally had to be killed off so quickly, though. Still, we have an interesting new villain in the general, and now there's been a development in the sub-plot for Irish, where she has at least talked to Ths Flash, but has yet to discover that he's Barry. Overall, this show just keeps getting better and better.

Peanutbutter

Last week's episode of Gotham was fantastic. Zsasz is going to be fun in this series (that ringtone  .3.). Penguin has just been killing it in this. Gordon's standoff with Zsasz and later Falcone with Bollock was nicely done too. I can't wait to see what happens later.

Saw the first episode of Flash last week, I'll watch the second real soon. Still need to start on Arrow too.

Avaitor

Another great week for Flash and Arrow, whoa!

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So Riy didn't kikl Sarah after all. I like how they didn't just leave it as a throwaway plot point, and instead cleverly tied it back to Roy killing that police officer from season 2, which is a fact that he'll now have to learn to live with.

I'm also glad that we got back to the flashbacks this week. The Hong Kong sub-plot has proven to be far more interesting than any of the stuff on the island so far, IMO.