Lupin III Blue Jacket next spring

Started by goody2shoes, October 14, 2014, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goody2shoes

Spoiler
[close]
1st TV Anime Show Starring Lupin III in 3 Decades to Launch in Italy
The crew is getting me pretty hyped. :shakeshakeshake: This one's set in Italy and appears to continue from the "reboot" started by Fujiko Mine. Directed by an important key animator from Cagliostro.

QuoteTomonaga noted that the Lupin III anime that his generation watched four decades ago was completely different from the previous anime aimed at children. He added that it had a very huge impact on the diehard adult fanbase. For the generation that already experienced that amazement as well as the generation unaware of those days, Tomonaga wants to make an exciting animation that is realistic yet sprinkled with fantastic elements. Furthermore, he wants to depict a Lupin in which conflicting elements coexist — hard-boiled yet comical, cool yet tongue-in-cheek.
Sounds like a return to form!

This reminds me I should watch the old series and Cagliostro, I've only seen Fujiko Mine which wasn't very good IMO. Good to see Koike's influence on the character designs outlast that series, however. He's simply a great artist.

What are your experiences with the franchise?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was about to point out Fujiko Mine until I realized that this was the first TV anime STARRING LUPIN III himself since the pink jacket series. Anyways, of course I'm very excited for this, so I'll definitely be keeping up with this when it comes out. I've been a fan of Lupin ever since it used to air on the Old School Anime block of Adult Swim.

Foggle

Quote from: goody2shoes on October 14, 2014, 05:12:14 PM
I've only seen Fujiko Mine which wasn't very good IMO.
:wth: That was the best Lupin anime ever IMO, and one of my all time favorites. :wth:

Anyway, I'm incredibly pumped for this new series! I was hoping the blue jacket Lupin from the movie that came out this year would end up being a long running thing, and it looks like my wish was granted! :joy: Description and staff sound godlike. This will probably end up being my anime of 2015.

gunswordfist

QuoteFranchise veteran Kazuhide Tomonaga (key animator on Lupin the 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo and Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro, particularly the whole iconic car chase)

The two best movies! I am excited. And that promo art looks absolutely incredible. This is officially my only anticipated anime.

Also, which Koike are you referring to?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 14, 2014, 08:25:17 PM
Also, which Koike are you referring to?
Takeshi Koike, the director of Redline.

LumRanmaYasha

Lupin is one of my all time favorite anime/manga franchises, and I'm positively ecstatic that it's getting a new tv anime! Like Foggle, this will probably be my favorite anime of next year.  ;D

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 14, 2014, 08:50:41 PM
Lupin is one of my all time favorite anime/manga franchises, and I'm positively ecstatic that it's getting a new tv anime! Like Foggle, this will probably be my favorite anime of next year.  ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I hope it's fun!

Quote from: Foggle on October 14, 2014, 08:08:23 PMThat was the best Lupin anime ever IMO
Arguably, it's not really a Lupin anime.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 14, 2014, 09:09:17 PM
Arguably, it's not really a Lupin anime.

Eh...most of the stories are similar in feel to the kinds that have happened in previous series (albeit darker/more "adult") as well as the manga, and Lupin is still in most of the episodes. So, while Fujiko might be the main character and focus of the show, I'd still call it a Lupin anime.

Foggle

Lupin was in most of the episodes of Fujiko Mine, and several of them actually had him as the focal character. Every Lupin series feels different, as does the manga, as do the movies, and it was unmistakably Lupin III through and through.

Spark Of Spirit

You could make the case, is what I'm saying.

Nonetheless, I'm still excited for this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Welp, now I really should get to watching more of Fujiko Mine than just the first 2 episodes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

goody2shoes

In case anybody missed it, another key visual:
Spoiler
[close]

Edit: A little perspective edit I whipped up:
Spoiler
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Dig that art-style. I definitely need to keep an eye out for this.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

AOTY 2015 confirmed?

Unless they were to somehow miraculously adapt the rest of FMP (as in, something that's impossible and will never happen), I don't see anything else that could possibly compete with this.