Osamu Tezuka

Started by LumRanmaYasha, October 23, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

The majority of backers are under the Print Copy section. Big surprise there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Some people prefer print. Some prefer digital. That's why they offer both options.

I'm a print man all the way, myself. And the print tiers for these kickstarters generally get more backers than the digital only ones, so it's certainly not an uncommon preference.

The Shadow Gentleman

I finished Ode to Kirihito yesterday. As the first Tezuka manga I actually completed, it was a fretful and dark, but also gripping read. The references to Christianity were also a pleasant surprise.

Spark Of Spirit

Tezuka was a very thoughtful man in regards to religion and philosophy.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Christianity and it's themes are reflected upon in a fair number of Tezuka's works, actually.

Glad to see you enjoyed Kirihito, Shadow.  :)

LumRanmaYasha

The new release date for the first Astro Boy omnibus is now in September.

It's nice to know they're still coming out, thankfully.

The Shadow Gentleman

Alabaster has been successfully funded.

I await my rewards later this year.

Spark Of Spirit

I wish I had the extra money to contribute, but a friend did so at least that's something.

LumRanmaYasha

Was worried whether this one would get funded for a second there. I'm so glad it has! And it's great to have another backer of these Tezuka Kickstarters on this board as well. :thumbup:

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

The first trailer for the new Astro Boy anime is now out.

The designs don't feel like Tezuka at all...but the art style is freaking BEAUTIFUL so I don't mind one bit! I'm really excited about this now.  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

Yet another newly translated Tezuka manga, The Castle of the Dawn, is now available to purchase and read digitally.

Dang, DMP has really been cranking them out lately! I really need to get around to collecting these once I get some room in my budget.

LumRanmaYasha