Castlevania: A Thread for the Dead

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 24, 2014, 08:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

What was the first Castlevania game you guys played?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Castlevania NES. So hard.

In other news, this is happening today:

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Iga's new project!

QuoteKoji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.
Now that's a team.

Yep, looks like Metroidvania!

I'd back, but I'd prefer to have this on a Nintendo system. That's where most of his games were made famous, anyway,and I'd like to keep them all on the same one. Oh well, I'll wait for more stretch goals.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Whoa, a female protagonist! Guess he got over that whole "people can't take Legends seriously because you play as a woman" thing. :il_hahaha:

Looks good. Much more pumped for Yooka-Laylee, but I'll try to back this one, too! Too bad there's no Wii U version.

$850,000 must be reached for dat David Hayter...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2015, 01:20:08 PM
Whoa, a female protagonist! Guess he got over that whole "people can't take Legends seriously because you play as a woman" thing. :il_hahaha:
???

I was under the impression that it was one of people's favorite Castlevania games. (It was also the last Metroidvania he made)

We'll see how this shapes up, anyway. It's already more than halfway there.

Foggle

Haven't played that one. Dalek told me he retconned Legends out of the canon because "people wouldn't take a female character seriously." I remember seeing some proof that I sadly cannot find again. Doesn't really matter, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Not really considering LoS have their own timeline now, too. At this point you can just make whatever canon you want since the series is over.

By the way, it's already almost funded. Just 25K more.

Foggle

I personally think, even if he did say something like that, Iga was probably just trying to find reasons to get rid of Legends from canon without insulting the development team's work. Considering his first independent game stars a woman and all.
I love how quickly these games get funded. Based Kickstarter. :el_hail:

Spark Of Spirit

Did I say 25K? Because it's 10K now.

EDIT: And funded. That was fast. It shouldn't be too long until David Hayter is reached.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 11, 2015, 12:56:08 PM
Iga's new project!

I think the first one I played was 1. Maybe 3. I forget.

QuoteKoji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.
Now that's a team.

Yep, looks like Metroidvania!

I'd back, but I'd prefer to have this on a Nintendo system. That's where most of his games were made famous, anyway,and I'd like to keep them all on the same one. Oh well, I'll wait for more stretch goals.
HAMANAHAMANAHAMANAHAMANAHAMANAHAMANAHAMANA! :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :'(
Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2015, 01:20:08 PM

Looks good. Much more pumped for Yooka-Laylee, but I'll try to back this one, too! Too bad there's no Wii U version.

$850,000 must be reached for dat David Hayter...
I'm more excited about this than Yooka-Laylee.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Since the retail version of Yooka-Laylee will still require Steam (wtf), I dropped it down a few tiers, and now I can also back Igavania! Yay! :joy:

Be sure to watch the pitch video if you haven't. It's amazing. :lol: