BYE FELICIA! (they got sold)

Started by Lord Dalek, December 07, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Silverstar on March 09, 2015, 07:35:36 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 07, 2015, 07:57:57 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 24, 2015, 11:41:50 PM
They're back in full-on pop culture garbage mode from the trailers I've seen.

Did they ever really get out of that?

They did with the How to Train Your Dragon films and Rise of the Guardians, but those were few and far between.

I thought I remembered someone here mentioning that they weren't as involved in How to Train Your Dragon.

Spark Of Spirit

Even Puss In Boots was a lot less reliant on pop culture gags. And that is a spin off of Shrek, of all things.

But then, Madagascar 3 was apparently a bigger hit than all of them, so that's what we get more of. Even the Penguins film was apparently a disappointment compared to the TV show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

It's sad when something good (in this case, Shrek) cases a bad movement. Seems to happen a lot in animation.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Kung-Fu Panda is also light on pop culture jokes. Then again, you could make a case that the movies are just one big pop culture reference, but it works for their sake.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Homura Akemi on March 26, 2015, 02:01:41 AM
I've never seen a film with such lacklustre production values from DreamWorks. Nothing was inspired or unique about the film, it felt like fodder.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on March 27, 2015, 08:22:23 PM
Quote from: Homura Akemi on March 26, 2015, 02:01:41 AM
I've never seen a film with such lacklustre production values from DreamWorks. Nothing was inspired or unique about the film, it felt like fodder.

Spark Of Spirit

Daxdiv

How would sex even work between them? Wouldn't the bee just die afterwards?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 27, 2015, 09:24:27 PM
How would sex even work between them? Wouldn't the bee just die afterwards?
Maybe he plans to build a beehive on her vagina so his children will mate with her in his place, ensuring his spirit lives on.