Your New Year's Resolutions

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 04:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomysterion X. Prime

Since the new year is nearing us before we know it, I thought that it'd be be a great idea to discuss about our new year's resolutions.

My new year resolution this year is to be more dedicated at my job training, and to aim higher at all of my destined goals (realistic and virtual).

What are your new year's resolutions?

Spark Of Spirit

I'll co-opt this thread.

Happy New Years, guys!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Have a clearer head and heart.

Bond more with my baby brother.

Spend much less time on the internet.

Stop being so agree about my past.

Get bigger muscles.

Spend more time reading comics/manga.

Visit family this year like I did last.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Get a job.

Start writing more.

Finish more games.

Read more manga/comics/books

Watch more animu

Listen to more music.

That's about it for me.

Kiddington

Find a girlfriend.

I know, right?  :light:

Goldstar

I resolve to...

Get this new creative project that I'm working on off the ground

Take a real vacation this year

Find another source of income

Bury Toon Zone in my past (I'm already doing this!)
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

The Shadow Gentleman

Do well in school.

Procrastinate less.

Possibly get a job.

Finish more animated series.

Spend less time on the internet.

Make sure this year isn't the one on my tombstone.

gunswordfist

^ Except for the first one, same here.

Silverstar

Quote from: Goldstar on January 01, 2013, 07:47:04 AM
I resolve to...

Get this new creative project that I'm working on off the ground

Take a real vacation this year

Find another source of income

Bury Toon Zone in my past (I'm already doing this!)

^These, and in addition:

Draw more.

Improve my writing skills.

Get an additional car.

Spend less time on message boards (except for this one) and do something else on the internet. I've thought about starting an online show of some kind, similar to the kind of stuff they do on Channel Awesome and the like, but I have no editing or video skills (though I could learn) and I don't want to just do reviews per se.

Clearly come to terms with and become comfortable with who and what I am, sexually speaking. (I have a moderate case of gender dysphoria, and have occasionally contemplated officially transitioning to female, but I'm worried about the implications and consequences, and since I'm mostly aromantic anyway, I'm not sure it would be worth doing, so what does that make me?)

Oh, and buy more cool clothes.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Dr. Insomniac

Really, all of my resolutions boil down to trying to be a nicer, happier person. Though as you can see from my twitter and these past posts, I haven't been doing a very good job so far.

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 03, 2013, 03:57:37 AM
Really, all of my resolutions boil down to trying to be a nicer, happier person.

An obtainable goal, and one I should probably strive towards myself...

...pssh, yeah, like that'll ever happen.  :sly:

The Reserved Nutcase

I know we're in mid-January now (time flies when you're having fun), but I thought I'd throw in a few personal goals:

-Post more on my blog

-Find new friends that I can actually keep in touch with past one academic year (I don't have a problem meeting new people and making new friends, but being a commuter student, it's hard for me to keep in touch with those I meet after the semester/year is over)

-Speaking of academics, also balancing my study time better than last semester, which should be easier since I'm taking less credits, though the actuarial exams are gonna be a killer for me, but I should still be able to fit in a good amount of 'fun' time for me.  Well, it's worth a shot anyway.

-Lose some weight (well that's always on my New Year's Resolutions every year :D)

-Back off from commenting on youtube for good, so many trolls, spammers and arrogant people there just wasting my time and energy that could go into planning articles for my blog. 

-Completely let go of the past (I have a bad habit of clinging on to the bad parts of my past and still holding myself against it, that's going to change soon)

gunswordfist

To stop being a dick to Spark. He's a nice guy.

gunswordfist