Boomerang

Started by Commode, January 20, 2015, 01:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I remember this being okay. I think it became a little better in the later seasons, when they mostly dropped the half hour episode format.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Johnny Test joins Boomerang on September 7.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on August 30, 2015, 11:40:39 AM
And so it resumes.

Well, it's reruns were going to go somewhere. Wonder how ratings for it there will be.

Commode

This channel is so blah now, I actually preferred when it was a Hanna-Barbera dumping ground.  Too many bad shows like The Garfield Show, and shows like Gumball and Teen Titans Go that get a ton of airplay on Cartoon Network already.  Johnny Test certainly ain't gonna do the channel any favors.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

That'll do, Boomerang. That'll do.

Kiddington

Yeah I'm not really seeing how this rendition is any better than what we got for years. At least you could say with the old HB library, it largely consisted of stuff that wasn't already airing two channels up.

And while we're here, daily reminder that The Garfield Show is really bad. If they wanted to get creative, lock up the rights to Garfield and Friends, which would serve the dual purpose of adding variety to the lineup while also not being terrible. But that'll never happen.

Nameless

There were points in 2006 and 2007 when they did run it - they were broadcasting from the DVDs too. I remember them accidentally running an episode with an overlaid Spanish track once.

Commode

Yeah Boomerang ran Garfield and Friends for a while after Toon Disney stopped showing it.

gunswordfist

That was like my favorite cartoon. I wonder if Hulu has it....

Commode

It's on Hulu and Amazon Prime.

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on September 30, 2015, 12:55:23 AM

-Teen Titans Go! is dropped. (Good.)
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commode

meh, it airs a ton on cartoon network.  never really saw why it, and gumball(which also airs a ton on cn), aired on boomerang anyways.