Boomerang

Started by Commode, January 20, 2015, 01:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

I made a post earlier about the changes coming to Boomerang next week.

Well, I deleted it, because HOLY SHIT! Boomerang is going all out every day next week! :zonk:

Monday: Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
Tuesday: The Garfield Show season 4
Wednesday: Shaun the Sheep
Thursday: Sonic Boom
Friday: Dragons: Riders of Berk

All this and Teen Titans Go! is dropped.

Daikun

A bit of a surprise schedule change: Transformers: RiD joins Boomerang...tomorrow morning.

Daikun

Peanuts joins Boomerang on May 9! :joy:

Daikun

Boomerang streaming app launching soon.

Bad news: No free videos for you! Unlike the CN app, this will be subscription-based. :bleh:
Good news: Hopefully, you won't need access to the channel to use this app. :D
Better news: We're finally getting new episodes of WBA's neglected shows from last year! :swoon:

Here's the website!

Avaitor

For $5 a month, you get access to what seems like a lot of Warner's classic animation library. It sounds like a good deal to me, especially if you like a lot of these works, but haven't collected much on DVD. While I have most of the Looney Tunes releases and still have some of my favorite HB series on DVD, I'd like to use this to watch some series that I like, but not enough to own, like the Scooby-Doo shows, the Wacky Races shows, Pink Panther, Popeye, etc. As well as get around to some of the newer series.

Although I am curious about a couple of things. Like if we'll see the majority of the Looney shorts, or just the same few dozen that CN/Boom airs. And if we're getting any CN shows or not. The site shows Courage (which is cool, but I already own it all) and Gym Partner (which ew), but no other series.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on March 07, 2017, 07:54:22 PMAlthough I am curious about a couple of things. Like if we'll see the majority of the Looney shorts, or just the same few dozen that CN/Boom airs. And if we're getting any CN shows or not. The site shows Courage (which is cool, but I already own it all) and Gym Partner (which ew), but no other series.

Bunnicula is listed on there. It's been a damn year; I'll be happy to see it again, especially since 40 episodes have aired overseas while the U.S. only got 9. :srs:

gunswordfist

Speaking of the CN app, will that be uploading new Samurai Jack episodes to it relatively fast?

LumRanmaYasha

Jack episodes will probably be on the [adult swim] app since that's where the new episodes are airing, and those should be available the day after it airs. They've also had a 24/7 stream of every episode of the series going on for a while now.

gunswordfist

Daikun

Boomerang finally has an official YouTube channel. Took them long enough!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx8nU9xWEyden60hkKBaAvg/videos

Check out their promo for the upcoming app. Fuck, they have MONCHHICHIS on there?! :huh: That show is super-obscure from H-B's library. I don't think Boomerang even aired that in its prime years.

If they're going to take the app more seriously than the channel, then I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on March 09, 2017, 07:39:40 PM
Boomerang finally has an official YouTube channel. Took them long enough!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx8nU9xWEyden60hkKBaAvg/videos

Check out their promo for the upcoming app. Fuck, they have MONCHHICHIS on there?! :huh: That show is super-obscure from H-B's library. I don't think Boomerang even aired that in its prime years.

If they're going to take the app more seriously than the channel, then I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Wow, I only ever saw a couple episodes when I was little at my Aunt's house back before CN was in more homes. Wonder what else will in their new library?

Avaitor

According to Jerry Beck, it's sounding like the material here won't be remastered. Apparently Warner volunteered to give Turner their restored cartoons, but Turner refused and decided to stick to their old prints. It makes sense for some of the Looney Tunes and MGM cartoons with racist material, but even comparisons to the prints for Hanna-Barbera cartoons that will be on the app and how they look on DVD show a definite down grade.

I think I'll at least still get the trial, though. If there's enough material that can't be purchased elsewhere, like various Warner and MGM classics, then I'll stick around. But I don't like Turner's attitude here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

The app is out on Google Play. However, it warns that the app is in beta and unstable at the moment.

EDIT: Okay, I just downloaded the app on my Android device. Here is what's available right now...

Series:
Atom Ant
Barney Bear
Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
Bunnicula
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Droopy
Droopy: Master Detective
Huckleberry Hound
The Life and Times of Juniper Lee
Looney Tunes
New Looney Tunes (formerly known as Wabbit)
The Looney Tunes Show
Magilla Gorilla
My Gym Partner's a Monkey
Popeye
Richie Rich
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?
The Smurfs
Tom & Jerry
Tom & Jerry Kids
The Tom & Jerry Show
Wacky Races (classic)
What's New, Scooby-Doo?
Yogi Bear

Movies:
The Good, the Bad, and the Huckleberry Hound
Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders
Scooby-Doo and the Boo Brothers
Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf
Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico
Scooby-Doo Arabian Knights
Scooby-Doo: Curse of the Lake Monster
Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost
Tom & Jerry Blast Off to Mars
Tom & Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes
Tom & Jerry: Shiver Me Whiskers
Tom & Jerry's 50th Birthday Bash

Dreamer2

Well Juniper Lee is a strange choice. I'm still intrigued by this, but I'd be more interested if they end up having more CN shows on there. Like Johnny Bravo or Ed Edd n Eddy. If they had the Ed's, I feel like I'd have to get this.