Anime Collector Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 22, 2015, 04:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

We have more than a few anime fans here, so how about a thread dedicated to DVDs, Blu-Rays, Box Sets, laser-disc, VHS, Limited Editions, imports, and anything in between.

Personally, I'm not much of a collector, but I do find it interesting to see a lot of the cool stuff people have collected. In fact, I only own a few series.

Complete series I own on DVD:
Trigun (x2. . . long story)
Cowboy Bebop
Yu Yu Hakusho
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Martian Successor Nadesico
Chromartie High

Complete series on my list:
Outlaw Star
Dragon Ball
Kids on the Slope
Patlabor TV
Samurai Pizza Cats
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka

How about you all?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Unfortunately I never had tge funds to be a collector.

I own the complete release of only one series, and that's Yu Yu Hakusho. However, my older brother has Trigun, Redline, NGE, and the 1.11 and 2.22 NGE movies on DVD.

LumRanmaYasha

Unfortunately, being at college and not at home, I don't have access to my collection, and I don't remember everything I have. But, off the top of my head, I know I've got:

BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo complete series sets 1 & 2
Black Lagoon (complete series dvd/blu-ray combo set)
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail (dvd/blu combo set)
Case Closed season 3
Dragon Ball Movie Trilogy Box Set: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle, Mystical Adventure, & The Path to Power
Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Awakening
Dragon Ball Z seasons 1, 4, 7, 8, & 9
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming
Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly
Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn
Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon
Dragon Ball GT volumes box set #1: Affliction, Incubation, Creation, Proliferation, & Ramifications
Dragon Ball GT season 1
Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy
Dr. Slump: The Movies - Theatrical Films 1-5
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Gun X Sword
Gurren Lagann
Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (dvd/blu ray combo set)
Mermaid's Forest complete series boxset
Naruto: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
A random dvd that was bundled with a volume of Viz's print Shonen Jump that had the first episode of Naruto on it
One Piece season 1 first & second voyages & season 2 second, third, and fourth voyages
One Piece: Strong World (dvd/blu-ray combo set)
Pokemon: Advanced Challenge volume 10: Pokeblock, Stock, & Berry
Pokemon the first movie
Pokemon: 4-Ever (the only anime I own on vhs)
Pokemon: Jirachi, the Wish Maker
Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys
Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
Pokemon: Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
Ranma 1/2 blu-ray sets 1-3
Robotech
Serial Experiments Lain (blu-ray)
School Rumble season 1 + OVA set
School Rumble: Second Semester (aka season 2)
The Slayers original tv series trilogy boxset
The Slayers Revolution
The Slayers Evolution-R
Solty Rei
Tenchi Muyo! movie collection: In Love, In Love 2, & Daughter of Darkness
Yu Yu Hakusho seasons 1-4 on both dvd AND blu-ray
Zatch Bell! seasons 1-2 boxset

I know I have to be forgetting some other stuff I have, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

I wouldn't say I'm that much of an anime collector. Right now the only sets I know I for sure will buy in the future are the remaining Ranma 1/2 blu-rays. Other series like Cowboy Bebop and GTO I have on my backlog for whenever I have an opportunity to get them like a deal or bargain or some such, but I'm in no rush. I'm much more interested in collecting manga and so most of my discretionary money goes to that, and that collection is...well, let's just say I really need to invest in a second shelf sooner rather than later.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, I forgot I had Robotech. But I deliberately stopped with Macross. I don't like the rest of it at all.

I'm surprised you don't have Trigun, though. It's pretty cheap compared to a lot of full series releases out there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Trigun is something I've been meaning to get for a long time, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet, for whatever reason. At this point I might wait to purchase it alongside the Bebop and Outlaw Star blu-ray sets, just for the novelty of buying the space western trilogy all together at the same time.  :D

Avaitor

My collection's really small right now. I only own the first and third Yu Yu Hakusho sets, as well as Seven Sins, as well as the whole of NGE and End of Eva.

If I had the funds, I'd finish YYH and get that big Bebop set, though. As well as a couple of Ghibli's. You can probably guess which.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Speedy

I have quite a sizable anime DVD/Blu-ray collection (estimating 200 DVDs/BDs by now), but to be honest a good chunk of it, I'll never watch again.  So why do I keep buying anime even though most of it has low replay value for me?  Because I'm an idiot.  [/Lewis Black]  (although to be honest, I've slowed way down on anime buying.  Nothing will ever match the quantity I was buying from roughly 2004-2009)

Probably the most re-watched, and thus prized, DVD set in my collection is the Excel Saga Im-Perfect Collection.  ("We know, you like Excel Saga, shut up" I hear some of you say)