Who do you write like?

Started by Daikun, January 25, 2015, 06:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

This is a pretty cool site that a friend posted on his Facebook page: I Write Like...

Copy and paste anything you recently wrote (forum post, blog post, whatever) and it will analyze your text and compare it to the works of a famous author.

I tried it and I guess I write like Cory Doctorow. I've never heard of the guy, but his Amazon page shows that he's pretty prolific.

So, who do you write like? (By the way, if you use Adblock, turn it off for this site. It won't show you the author's works otherwise.)

Dr. Insomniac

I gave it a page of writing and it said I wrote like William Shakespeare. I added another sentence to that, and it said I wrote like Dan Brown.

Avaitor

I tried a little of my earlier material, and also got Cory Doctorow. Then I put in another, and was compared to Twain.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

I sent it my short story and it said I write like William Gibson. I tried my short story from highschool and the first chapter of my Digimon project and got Cory Doctorow.

Meanwhile, the chapters of my novel have gotten varying results. From Edgar Allan Poe, to Kurt Vonnegut, to David Foster Wallace, to...Dan Brown.  :whuh:

Foggle

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

I tried three different works and got Dan Brown, James Joyce, and Cory Doctorow.

Something's not right here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton