Glee

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, September 17, 2011, 03:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I realize I'm opening a can of worms here, but I'd like to hear from y'all anyway.

I'm probably in the minority here that likes the show, but I'm the first to admit the writing for this show is...well, it's more inconsistent than it is terrible. It's one of those shows where the plot dictates how the characters will act from week to week, and that's not really a good thing for a show like this, one that's supposed to have running plots leading to each season finale. It also leads for some really cringe worthy character moments, like near the end of last season, where Mercedes suddenly thought it was acceptable to act like a diva just because the newcomer told her she shouldn't be wasted on back up.

So why do I keep watching? Well, there really isn't much else on Tuesday nights, and I gotta admit, there's this really sharp sense of humor peppered in each episode. Like the producers realize the show is complete cheese so they run with it. It just somehow always starts really melodramatic and it ends being turned on its head. Like a self-parody, but not really. It's hard to explain honestly. Also, there's a few good characters within the series, like puck. He started as a douche and changed to being this big brother type of dude for the group. Only really relapsed a few times, all because he wanted to prove he's still as edgy as he believes he is.

Also, Rachel is a giant bitch and the main reason the fanbase is mostly cancer.

Avaitor

I know so many people who are into this show and everything. Friends, tumblr users, even my family. And I like Jane Lynch, and have before the show existed.

But for the life of me, I can't get into the show itself, especially not the music. Lea Michele is a half-assed Broadway wannabe, Chris Colfer is a talentless, irritable stereotype, and the rest of the main Glee cast varies for me. The show is also bad at doing preachy episodes, like the alcohol one.

I dunno, maybe if it focused more on the Cheerios, I might enjoy it a little more. Besides Sue Sylvester, Britney seems to have the best lines from what I can tell, and I think Santana's actress is the best singer on the show. Otherwise, I don't like it much at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

So is it like wading through a pool of characters until your favorite one gets some lines, or they pick a song that you happen to like?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Daikun

The show aired its finale today. I had no idea it was the final season.

LumRanmaYasha

I had no idea it was even still running.

I guess I should watch the final episode for shits and giggles, since I sat through the first two seasons of this thing way back when.