Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on April 10, 2015, 11:48:15 PM
Adam West doe.
Y'all KNOW I love the 1960's Batman show. It's the best. :)

Spark Of Spirit

Thanks for reminding me about it. I keep forgetting to put the DVDs on my wishlist.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

My family got me the BD set for Christmas (I think because they wanted to watch it too ;)) and it's a truly amazing release. :joy:

Avaitor

I wish that I had enough to get the mega Blu set.

But I did just buy the complete series set of Taxi, so...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Caught the first episode of Daredevil. Loved it! Can't wait to watch the second one tomorrow. :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just got done with the 7th episode. This show has gotten progressively better, to my delight, and Stick is an awesome character. I'm really hooked, now, but unfortunately I have too much to do today, so I can't watch anymore episodes until tomorrow (and I'll also have to watch the season premiere of GOT tomorrow, as well).

Spark Of Spirit

I finished it off. Loved it. Especially on a character level. By the end I was really on the side of Matt and his friends and was pulling for them to succeed. I also really liked that Kingpin and his men got a lot of focus which easily made him my favorite villain in the whole Marvel Movie Universe. Of course I could quibble about the speed of the show, but it honestly didn't bother me at all. I was engaged in every moment.

Here's hoping it did well enough to merit a second season, because I want to see more of these characters. Though I think the hints as to what we're going to get next are pretty obvious just based on Stick.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Daredevil seems to get progressively better. Just finished episode 4, and I haven't been this engaged by a TV show in some time!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

**cough**Game of Thrones**cough**

I'm 8 episodes in, and it's great. Foggle, if you like it now, it gets even better by the end of the fifth episode. ;)

Foggle

True Detective, then Breaking Bad, then Treme, then Game of Thrones. That's how I'm gonna do. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Daredevil gets better as you get used to the characters. I'm betting a re-watch would do it a lot of additional good, too.

Also, that fight scene at the end of episode 2 deserves a lot of credit.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on April 13, 2015, 10:06:00 PM
True Detective, then Breaking Bad, then Treme, then Game of Thrones. That's how I'm gonna do. ;)

I thought that you already watched Breaking Bad. ???

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 13, 2015, 10:09:11 PMAlso, that fight scene at the end of episode 2 deserves a lot of credit.

Oh god, yes! It looks like somebody took notes from old-school Bruce Lee films. No shaky cam bull-shit at all. Just straight up excellent choreography from a stationary camera where you could see all of the action. Nothing else is there to enhance the effects. The action is comprised entirely of good stunt-men pretending to beat the crap out of each other.