Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Also, it's strangely a minority opinion to still dislike AOS, but everything I've seen from even now gives me no incentive to think that it's a good show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

A lot of people seem to agree it's gotten better, but since it's practically been rendered non-canon and there are so many better superhero shows to watch from both Marvel and DC, I have to wonder why anyone would bother.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Despite having to take a mandatory state board exam tomorrow, I decided to call it quits on studying since I've been doing that for almost a month and there isn't really much more I can do to cram dull, repetitive state statutes into my head.

So, I decided to check out the first two episodes of Jessica Jones. I really like what I've seen so far. Krysten Ritter (who I distinctly remember from season two of Breaking Bad) is great in the role, and I was surprised to see that Luke Cage is a supporting character in this series, being that he's going to be getting his own solo-show next.

It actually kind of bums me out that I'll be too busy packing up for my trip home to watch the rest of this show until after Thanksgiving.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on November 22, 2015, 04:07:40 PMA lot of people seem to agree it's gotten better

Even the people who actually like it still seem to admit that it's one of the weaker superhero shows, though. In this video from Screen Junkies, three different comic book fans all unanimously rank it below all of its competition except for Gotham: https://youtu.be/lGRzAAV1yCk

gunswordfist

I just finished watching the first two episodes. Kind of funny how the show wears its raunchiness on its sleeve. Besides that, this show has my attention and I like Jones.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Saw the fifth and sixth episodes. Wow, Krysten Ritter and David Tennant are such talented actors! I love Jessica's character and Kilgrave is easily the scariest villain in any superhero comic book adaptation I've seen. Just like DD, this just gets better with every episode. I thirst for Daredevil season 2 and Luke Cage now. :drool:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Speaking of Daredevil season 2, I've heard that apparently the production people at Netflix are so impressed with how The Punisher has turned out in the early footage that they want Marvel to give him his own spin-off show.

Also, is Kilgrave the same character as The Purple Man from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I know nothing about the comic books, but I get that impression based on the fact that both characters use mind control and in JJ you see purple lighting around Jessica whenever she's thinking about him and his influence on her.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on November 22, 2015, 09:35:44 PM
Speaking of Daredevil season 2, I've heard that apparently the production people at Netflix are so impressed with how The Punisher has turned out in the early footage that they want Marvel to give him his own spin-off show.
That's awesome! An adaptation of Punisher MAX with real effort put into it would be a dream come true. :swoon: Also, I hope Luke Cage and Iron First have a combined season 2 titled Heroes For Hire. :)

QuoteAlso, is Kilgrave the same character as The Purple Man from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I know nothing about the comic books, but I get that impression based on the fact that both characters use mind control and in JJ you see purple lighting around Jessica whenever she's thinking about him and his influence on her.
Yep! In the Jessica Jones comic book, Alias, Kilgrave is actually purple and also referred to as The Purple Man.

Avaitor

I still kind of want a Daredevil & Black Widow show somewhere down the road, but since it seems like we're getting Elektra sooner than later, and who knows how much longer Johansson will play Nat, that seems like a pipe dream.

But Power Man & Iron Fist needs to happen, yes. I also would like to see The Pulse happen, but it'd probably have to happen without Jameson. I think that Robbie could appear, though, since he's yet to appear in a Spider-Man movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I badly want them to cast Iron Fist now because I want a Luke Cage & Iron Fist spin off show (Call it Heroes For Hire!) sooner than later.

I only got to see episode 5 this weekend, but it was a great episode. That opening theme is just incredible. Kilgrave sure is one nasty creep.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Episode 3. Jessica finally meet Kilgrave and much more raunchiness ensues. I'm loving this show
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Only got to watch one episode today, but it was really intense! Kind of wish I could just marathon it like some people. :il_hahaha:

Peanutbutter

Saw the final three episodes earlier today. This series is a blast. I won't spoil it but the final showdown between Jess and Purple Man (I refuse to use Kilgrave because it's more stupid and sillier sounding than Purple Man and its not his real name in this anyway) is great. I can't wait to see what they do with more seasons of this.

Foggle

Just be glad they removed one of the L's. It was literally just the words kill and grave mashed together in the comic. :lol:

Avaitor

Yeah, Bendis isn't exactly subtle.

I'm watching episode 7 now, and I'm still very positive towards the show. The acting and writing are great all around!

New blog!