Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

It kind of feels that the Punisher is better suited for a TV series than a film franchise, so that should work.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

A Punisher show is already on the way.

The Punisher, actor Jon Bernthal's character from Netflix's Daredevil, will get his own Netflix spinoff series from Marvel, Deadline has confirmed. The character makes his debut when Daredevil begins its second season March 18. No date has been set for The Punisher bow, which was first reported by TVLine.

-Deadline

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on January 18, 2016, 10:54:25 PM
A Punisher show is already on the way.

The Punisher, actor Jon Bernthal's character from Netflix's Daredevil, will get his own Netflix spinoff series from Marvel, Deadline has confirmed. The character makes his debut when Daredevil begins its second season March 18. No date has been set for The Punisher bow, which was first reported by TVLine.

-Deadline
:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: Give us Barracuda, Jigsaw and the arcs The Slavers, Welcome Back Frank, Born and In the Beginning, please! Jesus, I love me some Punisher. Didn't expect to ask for so much :sweat:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Netflix and Marvel are really tearing it up.

I still want some Iron fist and Defenders news, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That's all I want to hear for now.

Avaitor

I'm almost done with the first half of last night's Agent Carter premiere, and I'm really digging it so far. The location switch seems to be a good call to keep the show fresh, as the lighting is keenly lit to keep the vintage Hollywood aesthetic going. It also helps that Peggy, Jarvis, and the gang remain as likable as ever.

I'll have to save the second episode, as well as Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, for later, but I'm happy so far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Since I don't have Cable or Sattelite right now, I'll have to be a week behind on Agent Carter episodes since the ABC app only lets people without providers watch episodes once they turn a week old.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

https://youtu.be/xt6uagFjJsU

They went too easy on this show, if you ask me. Still pretty funny jabs, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Good stuff. All reasons why I ditched it.

But the excuse that it has only a portion of the budget and therefore can't be as good is hogwash. The writing being lackluster is not a budget issue. No one complains about the special effects.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 26, 2016, 12:53:46 PM
Good stuff. All reasons why I ditched it.

But the excuse that it has only a portion of the budget and therefore can't be as good is hogwash. The writing being lackluster is not a budget issue. No one complains about the special effects.
:thinkin: Good points.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

They did it. They finally nailed Frank Castle on screen.

Not only that, but... everything looks awesome! It's Daredevil in all its greatness but with more. That conflict, that direction, those themes, those characters. Something tells me that I'm going dig this. And we're only a month out!

gunswordfist

Finally? Castle was fine in WarZone.

Peanutbutter

The Thomas Jane movie was also good. But I'm really looking forward to both Daredevil and Punisher!

Spark Of Spirit

Eh, didn't care for him in any of the movies. But then I've always liked him more when he bounces off characters like Spider-Man or Daredevil.